PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Unlocking!!

robcoloney
04-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm new to this forum...referred by a friend. I've tried searching this forum and all over the net...here's my situation. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I had an ATTWS Blackberry 7230 I believe. Then, I wanted to change my plan. However since Cingular merged with ATT, I needed a new SIM and phone. I want to use my blackberry now, and after being on the phone with ATT and having 13 people (no lie, 13) ATTWS CS ppl lie to me saying they didn't have it, I look to you. Please help me unlock this so I can use it with Cingular. PLEASE

finch
04-28-2005, 06:38 PM
ATTWS: Under no circumstance will unlock.
Cingular: Now ATT as well have taken on this model and will not unlock.
RIM: Will tell you to deal with your carrier.

There is only one place that has found a way to voice/data unlock Blackberry's Bongowireless. You'll have to FedEx your Blackberry with 100US and they FedEx it back. http://www.bongowireless.com/pages.php?pageid=16#11

robcoloney
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks. No way to do it online?

NJBlackBerry
04-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Nope. Many, many unlocking threads. Bongo Wireless + $100 or nothing.

abc123
04-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Has someone here in the U.S. used Bongo Wireless to unlock their Blackberries? If so, what is your experience with them? Are you happy with the service, turn around time...etc?? I don't know anything about them except what I have read in this forum, but none of the threads have ever mentioned that they were good or bad. I have a locked 7290.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

jdh
04-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I haven't used them to unlock my Blackberry, as there's no point in doing that (yet), since I can't use it on anything but Rogers up here anyway.

However, I have used their services to unlock several other phones... Being in Toronto, I simply drove up there and gave them the phone over the counter... In each case, I went and grabbed a coffee and came back about 15-20 minutes later and it was done. They're efficient, fast, and professional in my experience, although since I've dealt with them in person I can't really comment on any shipping issues...

robhawley
05-01-2005, 03:54 PM
A guy at work has used them a couple of times. They were very quick at shipping back his phones.

Rob

Kerryann1986
07-10-2005, 09:13 AM
better to get it remotely unlocked. i was on t-mobile and i used a few times http://www.steve007.tk which costs 80 euros. took about 1 week to get my unlock codes,but i didnt have to pay for any postage/shipping costs etc

:)

jfh4k0
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
let me get this straight. you have an attws bb 7230. you wanted to change your plan ie., more or less minutes and they say: you have to buy a new bb and get a new sim? I dont believe it--i don't mean i think that you are liing--I mean that i think that there is a chance that the way that you are communicating to them is making them misunderstand you. cingular is cingular blu and cingular orange. you dont have to buy new hardware.

my agency has 4000 attws bb and we are business as usual--except for north carolina and puerto rico markets and that is because suncom now owns them. however suncom will unlock.

robkowalske
07-10-2005, 02:12 PM
i read this link about a few days ago
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Mobile_Phone_Unlocking/Blackberry/blackberry.html
seems cheap
you have to email them your imei and they will send you the unlock code
oh ya i forgot to add that its about $35 canadian
Thats cheap!
i'd take the risk paypaling the person

Goodluck and let me know how it goes

hesynergy
09-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Howdy...I'm thinking of doing the same thing Tmobile to Cingular...any luck with your unlock quest?

Chas

GadgetJunkie
09-11-2005, 09:18 PM
You need to e-mail this guy. mocarrington@<hidden> He is a certified Nextel tech, and will be unlocking BB's for $100 starting in mid-October. Complete unit unlock, with a lifetime warranty on services rendered! And he is right here in the good old USA!!!

acnst
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Did anyone yet made any experiences with one of the unlocking services (except bongowireless.com)?

kgdakid30
12-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I have unlocked my bb 7100t and when it is unlocked the screen should look like this:

SIM Card: Security Disabled
ID:1234567890123456789?
Personalization:
SIM Disabled
Network Inactive
Network Subset Disabled
Service Provider Disabled
Coporate Disabled
Phone Number: 12345678901

dmoney5150
01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I will unlock any Cingular/AT&T Phone

I will unlock any Cingular/AT&T Blackberry for a small fee ($25) (PAYPAL ONLY!) Please email me with any questions.
prices vary on normal phones not blackberrys!

Blackberry Unlocking For Cingular and AT&T Blackberrys also any Cingular/AT&T Mobile phone on the planet!!
I can unlock your phone using the IMEI to Access your IMEI#, from your main screen press *#06#
copy that number without any dashes or spaces and please double check the IMEI before sending.

Models: 7100g, 7280, 7290, 8700c and Any other Cingular/AT&T Phone on the planet!
(our service does not support 8700c from Cingular launch Party).
If your GSM model is not listed I Can help, Email me please... Bundys@<hidden>
Please allow 24 hours for a reply at the most!

i dont run a business nore do i have a program. i just work for cingular. :)

jdubbs
02-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I have the code to unlock my BB, but I do not know where to start or what to do. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Nextel User
02-13-2006, 08:03 PM
You need to e-mail this guy. mocarrington@<hidden> He is a certified Nextel tech, and will be unlocking BB's for $100 starting in mid-October. Complete unit unlock, with a lifetime warranty on services rendered! And he is right here in the good old USA!!!

What is the purpose of unlocking NEXTEL phones? They are IDEN and only work with IDEN......

vivek_cbe
03-07-2006, 11:29 PM
if the status is "SIM Card: Security Disabled"

does it mean it would work with any sim ?

vivek_cbe
03-08-2006, 08:13 PM
hello, any answers for my question ?

hansenc
03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
I had no problem at all unlocked my brand new blackberry 8700c with cingular, i called CARE told them i would be traveling outside the US within the next few weeks, they said ok let me send in your application to have your phone unlocked, she said that it would take them 10 days and they would email me the code, on the 10th day i called up and told them i didn't receive it. She went in to the system and got me my unlock code. didn't cost me a thing.

bbclub
05-07-2006, 03:12 PM
There seem to be a few types of unlock and Cingular gave me the go around, the last unlock I got from Cingular which ends up to be an "unlock" so I can make International calls while away, what a joke... I did not ask for that. I put in a different SIM when I got to Singapore and it did not work, they expected me to use Cingular and pay the International roaming charges. I finally followed the tutorial at fasttutorial.com and also purchased the credit at superunlock.com.

I had no problem at all unlocked my brand new blackberry 8700c with cingular, i called CARE told them i would be traveling outside the US within the next few weeks, they said ok let me send in your application to have your phone unlocked, she said that it would take them 10 days and they would email me the code, on the 10th day i called up and told them i didn't receive it. She went in to the system and got me my unlock code. didn't cost me a thing.

mojo85
05-11-2006, 10:51 AM
There are lots of people who can do unlocking for blackberry now.

M2M
05-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi,

If you have a cable you can unlock your blackberry handset from home here or order an unlock code if your phone is locked to cingular or T-mobile;

mobile2mobile.net/unlock/RemoteunlockingBlackberry.htm

Hope this helpfull

eklypse999
06-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Use gsmphonesource . com

Got my phone unlocked the same day I ordered the code.
Worked without any problems.

bbclub
06-08-2006, 11:21 PM
I would check site fasttutorial.com flash tutorial for the Blackberry unlocks.

tazeat
06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
just remember you can pay ~130 for a new unlocked 7290 if you look hard enough (ebay/wts forums on here).

jgoldenb
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
i have a guy who can unlock any Blackberry remotely, including 8700r which he just did for me,.

e90fanatic
03-24-2007, 12:37 AM
just go to wotanserver