PDA

View Full Version : Application push not working: "Configuration check returned error 11"

eZainny
04-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi All,

As per the thread title, I'm trying out application push and this is the error message I am seeing in the MNGR log every time I click "Update Configuration Check Status" after going through the usual motions to apply a new software configuration to a user.

I've had a thorough read of the following thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/17511-wireless-application-push.html) and also done a bit of searching around on the web but there aren't that many references to it unfortunately.

From this thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/20461-handheld-config-tool-status-dosent-update.html) I obtained the following information:

Resolution
This issue may be resolved using one of the methods below.

A. Recreate the PackageCache Folder

1) Stop the BlackBerry Policy Service.
2) Delete the PackageCache folder.
3) Restart the BlackBerry Policy Service.
Note: It may take up to 4 hours for the folder to be recreated.

B. Verify User Permission Level

1) In the Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools>Services.
2)For the BlackBerry Policy Service, check the user account selected on the Log On tab.
3) The user account identified in step 2 should have Full Control NTFS permission to the PackageCache folder. If necessary, change the user permission to the folder.

C. Change PolicyCache Folder Attributes

1) Right-click the PackageCache folder and select Properties.
2) On the General tab, make sure that the Read-only check box is not selected.
3) Click Advanced.
4) In the Archive and Index attributes section, make sure that the check box beside For fast searching, allow Indexing service to index this folder is selected.
5) In the Compress or Encrypt attributes section, clear the check box beside Compress contents to save disk space and Encrypt contents to secure data.

I've tried B and C, and that didn't do anything so I also quickly tried A but really don't want to wait for 4 hours (seems a bit ridiculous to me)...

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I just STFU and try A (and wait)?

eZainny
04-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Alright, so I just tried A and the PackageCache was recreated real quick this time (maybe I got lucky?)...Still didn't work...I'm all out of ideas now...