PDA

View Full Version : For anybody that upgrade to TIM of 1.66

Goowakjai
04-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Reason why i ask.....

I had .64 T-mo, then went to TIM 1.66 had crazy problems with not being able to make calls so now i'm on .73

So has anybody had any problems withe th e 1.66 lately?

Whats up with telstra?

oh the problem I was having with TIM was, almost everyday, i would try to make a call and it wouldn't ring and i would hear popping noises, and garbled text, and sometimes it happended when i was in the middle of a call. The only way I found to fix it was to do a batt pull, then after the batt pull maybe after the 2nd call it would happen again.

MrBreeze
04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Same reason I dumped 1.66 as well. I would think it's something else conflicting with it, like JiveTalk or something like that. Otherwise, everyone would have the same complaint.

I went back to .73 and all is well, but I hate not having the latest and greatest!

Reason why i ask.....

I had .64 T-mo, then went to TIM 1.66 had crazy problems with not being able to make calls so now i'm on .73

So has anybody had any problems withe th e 1.66 lately?

Whats up with telstra?

oh the problem I was having with TIM was, almost everyday, i would try to make a call and it wouldn't ring and i would hear popping noises, and garbled text, and sometimes it happended when i was in the middle of a call. The only way I found to fix it was to do a batt pull, then after the batt pull maybe after the 2nd call it would happen again.

BluT
04-30-2007, 07:50 AM
TMO .64 to TIM and back to .73 here also. .73 seems to work best so far. Only thing I miss is the auto backlight option.

teleberry
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Did you guys start with a complete wipe of your berry, using jl_cmdr, before installing? I have been following many lengthy threads about this and it seems, in my unscientific survey, that doing that gets rid of most problems.

akg
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I just did a standard upgrade to 1.66 from .71 and I don't have most of the problems that were reported. The only thing that really happens to me is when I am dialing a number from home screen, sometimes a key "sticks" and I have to do a bat pull. Currently the benefits I am receiving from this release outweigh that problem, e.g. improvements to SureType, being able to stream audio to BT headset, AT&T theme that I like, and a few others. I haven't tried the Telstra release/TIM language packs hack. I do imagine that a full wipe would be a good idea.

Oh yeah, battery life seemed to take a big hit on 1.66 for some reason.

majorwoo
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I upgraded to TIM 1.66 from .64 and noticed no problems for a few days. I just installed JiveTalk a few hours ago, I'll see if anything develops.

blakeatl
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I have no issues whatsoever with mine. Upgraded from .71 and I absolutely love it!

John Clark
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
No issues with my 4.2.1 either.

jrdul6748
05-02-2007, 12:03 AM
No issues with my 4.2.1 either.

Ditto.

zimbu1234
05-02-2007, 09:11 PM
oh the problem I was having with TIM was, almost everyday, i would try to make a call and it wouldn't ring and i would hear popping noises, and garbled text, and sometimes it happened when i was in the middle of a call. The only way I found to fix it was to do a batt pull, then after the batt pull maybe after the 2nd call it would happen again.

I get this too. I thought I was the only one that did and could never really explain it in other posts. I think it may have something to do when your singnal goes in and out since I noticed it happens most on my train commute where the signal goes in and out.

Its a pain but I like some of the features in the OS like the separate SMS iconspecifically. I also did not like that the TMobile Zen theme has the icon view and not the list but I found out how to restore that. Any other minor issues I had were resolved too through the main TIM thread.

Other than that, I don't know what this hourglass issue people have is and I think its definitely faster although I think Opera is slower.

canonbomb1987
05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I have been using the TIM OS since it was posted on the forums and have not had any problems.

MrBreeze
05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Nope, back to .73 I went.

I did a complete OS delete and install and still had the issue of it losing voice and the popping. I'll wait for now.

pierrechampoux
05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I've had to reinstall a couple of programs, re-pair my bluetooth, and sometimes the color my pearl app becomes disabled for some reason.

Other than those minor problems, I love the upgrade.

zero7404
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
peeps: if it ain't broke then don't fix it......

honestly, unless you have a severe itch and you need to be @<hidden> the bleeding edge then stick with what version software the device came with from the vendor. i learned from my flexing/flashing days that even if you upgrade your phones SW you will still get little hickups that you can't necessarily shake.

if the latest OS was so great then it would have been adopted by all the major carriers.