PDA

View Full Version : BofA Moble Banking site

bostonnerd
05-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I just enabled the newly offerred Mobile Banking function but I'm receiving HTTP 400 errors accessing the site. All other sites work fine. Anyone else have this working yet?

jibi
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
What's your browser emulation mode set as? BlackBerry or Microsoft IE? I was unable to login to it using the BlackBerry Browser (MDS) but was able to access it using the Internet Browser. I received a 'due to security issues' error with the MDS browser.

bostonnerd
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
What's your browser emulation mode set as? BlackBerry or Microsoft IE? I was unable to login to it using the BlackBerry Browser (MDS) but was able to access it using the Internet Browser. I received a 'due to security issues' error with the MDS browser.

Thanks. Tried both emulations and the Internet Browser but no joy.

test54
05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
whats the site address? i'm a bofa customer but i did not know they had a mobile site.

rjw3000
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
It is not available in my area yet.

Dubdub
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I am not so sure I would trust putting financial data over a non secure wireless/cellular network. IMHO, you are just asking for trouble. I don't care how secure it is claimed to be.

Calix
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
whats the site address? i'm a bofa customer but i did not know they had a mobile site.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile

theBorg
05-02-2007, 02:08 AM
My experience with BofA's sites has been that they're poorly designed and barely tested. I'm cancelling my accounts with them now for that reason. Sorry, not to help, but I'd guess the problem is BofA's. Very klugey site design.

test54
05-02-2007, 06:08 AM
never had a problem here, good experience using their services.

Dubdub
05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
My experience with BofA's sites has been that they're poorly designed and barely tested. I'm cancelling my accounts with them now for that reason. Sorry, not to help, but I'd guess the problem is BofA's. Very klugey site design.

You are canceling your bank accounts just because their website is poorly designed?

OrganicBerry
05-02-2007, 08:36 AM
https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile

THANK YOU for posting that link. The address they list on their website....www.bofa.mobl was giving me the same error messages that he was getting and I had given up.

And hey....bostonnerd.....did you go to the regular website first and activate the mobile banking? I just did, used the internet browser (not the bb browser) and it worked like a charm!

bostonnerd
05-02-2007, 08:46 AM
And hey....bostonnerd.....did you go to the regular website first and activate the mobile banking? I just did, used the internet browser (not the bb browser) and it worked like a charm!

I did activate from the Homelink site. But I just noticed something....all I have for Browsers are Medianet (WAP I assume...which I never use) and another labeled Browser. As I rarely surf on the unit I never paid a lot of attention. I'm pretty sure I used to have 3 of them. I had resent my Service Books over the weekend for another issue so everything should be current.....hmmm

w4raw
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, not only does this site offer a wealth of information about BB but now I find info about my bank that I didn't even know.

Just too cool.

Thanks for the info!

ericshmerick
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I just use Opera Mini and log onto the regular bofa site...

brucejr
05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I did activate from the Homelink site. But I just noticed something....all I have for Browsers are Medianet (WAP I assume...which I never use) and another labeled Browser. As I rarely surf on the unit I never paid a lot of attention. I'm pretty sure I used to have 3 of them. I had resent my Service Books over the weekend for another issue so everything should be current.....hmmm

Open your browser and press your trackball, it will bring up several options. Choose:
Options>Browser Configuration>Scroll down to Emulation Mode. There you should have the following:
BlackBerry
Openwave (WAP)
Openwave Gateway
Microsoft IE
MS Pocket IE
Netscape

brucejr
05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I believe also that this (BOA mobile) is only available in certain regions of the US. I tried to locate a list of regions covered but was unable to. I tried all the different browser emulations and was not able to get in. I received both 404, and 400 errors.

ericshmerick
05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I just tried it (have a South Carolina account). After trying to log in mobily, it said I had to go onto my account and enable mobile banking. I logged onto BofA on my PC, went to customer service, and scrolled down. There was a link for mobile banking, I clicked it and enabled it. Logged in with my BB and all is well.

Pretty basic, but useful.

guruleenyc
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
its worked for me fine on my 8800 up until I replaced my device and re-activated on BES....

Any ideas?