PDA

View Full Version : 8700 stuck in reset loop

Thomas Okken
05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I was trying out the JDE 4.2.1; I built the midletdemo stample and installed it using Application Loader (the DM is the one from the CD that came with the handset).
Result: the handset crashed, and now all it will do is show the white screen with the spinning hourglass for a few seconds, then crash again, then the white screen again, etc.
I tried doing a reset by removing the battery; at one point I left the battery out for 40 hours straight. All to no avail. JavaLoader won't talk to it either, presumably because it never boots far enough to actually establish a USB connection.
Is there anything else for me to try, or is this where I ship the unit back to the vendor? :-/

Thanks for any insights...

- Thomas

LunkHead
05-02-2007, 03:44 PM
If javaloader won't connect then there is really nothing else that can be done.... Write a nice obituary maybe?

Airmark1
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
This happened to me the other day.

I was reversing my software to 4.1 from 4.2 (loved and hated 4.2)....but anyway...this is how I got mine to work.

I had the same thing. Looped from hourglass to reset with the red LED and then hourglass. Forever and ever.

I did this.

I plugged the BB into my laptop with the USB cable. I then took out the battery and LEFT IT OUT. I ran the WIPE function from the JL_Cmder which can be found with a search. or go here (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/60360-there-way-really-wipe-your-device.html)

I wiped it 3 or so times. and then finally I tried to reinstall the 4.1 (or 4.2 or whatever you want) from the desktop and it seemed to work.

My BB works just fine now.

dgw2
05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Same scenario with me and the JDE program while playing around with trying to work up a custoemr theme. Complete crash. I reloaded the device software and then used a backup for settings/files, etc.

sovyna
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Airmark1 tut works! i love you

Airmark1
05-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Airmark1 tut works! i love you

Yur Velcom

trnrkid
05-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Hi,
Download the handheld software for your model of phone amd also make sure you have desktop manager. Once U have downloaded the hand held software onto your desktop you will be able to reload the software into the phone. Had the same experience and this is what worked for me. I know it's turnind on and off but be patient and the DM will pick up the PIN

John Clark
05-06-2007, 09:33 AM
uh...this problem was solved (at least for one user, anyway.) Thanks for the hint and welcome to the forums.