PDA

View Full Version : Help! I have a dilemma

jprincipe
05-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm currently with cingular but wanted to switch to verizon 8830 because I travel to canada a lot and they have a north american call plan. Well now the 8300 was announced for att and the camera with full keyboarc seems beneficial as well. My question is hows the verizon network compared to the att network? Would i see an improvement?

JSanders
05-03-2007, 09:29 AM
You'll get user opinions on here on the comparison, but visiting each carriers website and checking out their individual coverage of where you travel will give you the greatest benefit.

takeshi
05-03-2007, 10:19 AM
You have to check coverage yourself unless you can find a person who is in the area(s) that you're concerned about. Otherwise, you'll just get a lot of useless opinions and generalizations about carrrier coverage (i.e. "XXX is best"). For example, I've found TMO to be ok in Houston but their coverage in Southern Florida (Fort Lauderdale - Miami) is excellent.

Even if you do find someone in the market(s) you're concerned about coverage can vary quite a bit even within markets. To expand on my example above, while TMO's coverage is generally ok in Houston my previous house was in a poor coverage area but it wasn't bad enough to roam so our TMO phones were completely useless. Cingular and Verizon devices worked just fine though (so I'm with Cingular now).

You can check coverage maps but even if a carrier has a street level map it can't factor in all potential issues that affect real world coverage.

Why not use Verizon's trial period that they have been advertising? It's the best way to determine if a carrier's coverage meets your needs