PDA

View Full Version : finding email online

luv2fish247
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Newbie here! I've added my existing email account and it's working fine. I also created a bb email address. I've logged on my network (alltel) and can see my name, etc. But I can't find where to read my messages online. Is that even possible? When I delete a msg. on the BB it asks if I want to delete on handheld AND mailbox. So I assume I have a mailbox somewhere. Is it going to look like my GMAIL account?
Thanks,
~~g.

JSanders
05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

In the past on older versions of BIS, it wsas possible to view your BB mailbox online, but with the current BIS version, not possible.

donthateme13
05-06-2007, 01:17 AM
which is why u shouldnt use the username@<hidden> email account. instead use ur gmail, yahoo, or wateva else it u prefer

JerryD
05-06-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm in total agreement with donthateme13. Another reason to NOT use your blackberry.net email address for general use is that is has NO Spam filtering whatsoever. If you start to use it and then start to get spammed, your only recourse is to set up Forward filters, and block all other email - a real PITA!

The only thing I use that address for is to send myself things like a bunch of links I want to go to or use, or maybe some pictures. I have filters set up to allow email from my company's domain, my wife's company's domain, my email addresses, and the rest of my family. All other email just vanishes into the ether(net).

I find my Gmail accounts work excellently - they have excellent SPAM filtering, and I seem to get nearly all emails within a minute or two of it arriving!

luv2fish247
05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info and advice. I'll only use it to send myself stuff.

takeshi
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
If you integrate an email account with webmail access (like gmail) you can just use gmail's web interface to view mail online on your PC.