PDA

View Full Version : Removing my Enterprise Activation

ChrisF79
05-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Greetings:

I recently left the company I was with and I had Enterprise set up with my Exchange email account. When I set it up, my button went away for Enterprise Activation. Now that I am no longer with the company, how do I get rid of this?

Thank you,

Chris

John Clark
05-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Just hide the icon.

ChrisF79
05-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't think I explained it well. The problem is, my previous employer hasn't deleted my email account so I'm getting hundreds of emails per day that I don't want. I want to deactivate the Exchange on my blackberry.

John Clark
05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Ah....That's easy. Go to Options >Advanced Options >Service books. Delete all that say [Desktop]

But they need to delete your account too. Also, it might be a good idea to talk to them about pushing a new blank IT policy to your device to make sure that everything is enabled that they may have restricted while connected to their BES.

FroogleThis
05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Ah....That's easy. Go to Options >Advanced Options >Service books. Delete all that say [Desktop]

But they need to delete your account too. Also, it might be a good idea to talk to them about pushing a new blank IT policy to your device to make sure that everything is enabled that they may have restricted while connected to their BES.

I'd just like to emphasize what he said. A family acquaintance of mine left his position, and kept his BB that he paid for, but had BES'd with the company. Long story short, a new IT guy apparently started, went through and remotely wiped or locked any handhelds he couldn't locate.

But, in any case, just send them an email and make sure they SEND A BLANK IT POLICY. Could cause you a lot of problems. :P

John Clark
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure if you delete the service books they can't remotely access/wipe the device. However, it's a very good idea nonetheless.

FroogleThis
05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm pretty sure if you delete the service books they can't remotely access/wipe the device. However, it's a very good idea nonetheless.

You are correct, to my knowledge. Thanks to the poor souls who tested and found out the hard way what worked and didn't work. :razz: However, I'm not sure whether deleting the service books removes the IT Policy as well? This would be useful knowledge if anyone knows for sure.

leibdav1
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't believe that removing the service books for the BES will get rid of the IT policy. I know that I had to go through a separate thread in this form to load a separate IT policy that gave my device more functionality.

FroogleThis
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't believe that removing the service books for the BES will get rid of the IT policy. I know that I had to go through a separate thread in this form to load a separate IT policy that gave my device more functionality.

Yea, I can imagine it's a hassle to have your own BB restricted by a company you don't work for anymore!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get Blackberry Messenger on an 8700c. My fiance's IT policy won't let her install it OTA. Haven't tried BDM though.