PDA

View Full Version : Teather laptop on 7130E

JCS19582
05-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know a way to connect BB to laptop and access internet without using desktop connect software ? Verizon charges 15/month for this, however for PDA's PDANet is a 3rd party s/w solution that allows connection without paying for the 15/ month from verizon. Any 3rd party s/w that can work on the Blackberry like PDANET for PDA (windows mobile/Palm) ?

celltester
05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know a way to connect BB to laptop and access internet without using desktop connect software ? Verizon charges 15/month for this, however for PDA's PDANet is a 3rd party s/w solution that allows connection without paying for the 15/ month from verizon. Any 3rd party s/w that can work on the Blackberry like PDANET for PDA (windows mobile/Palm) ?

I may be wrong on this, but I think you just have to buck up and pay the $15. I don't believe there is a 3rd party software out there for BBs to tether with. :? Have you tried tethering without paying the $15? I have heard that some providers charge a fee of $XX to tether, but cant really be enforced since the unit accesses the internet anyways, just a thought.