PDA

View Full Version : catagories

admiral
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I've sync'd from outlook on my 8703e and have all contacts in the blackberry; however, none are assigned a catagory. Is there a way to assign all contacts at one time to a catagory rather than going through each contact and having to edit each one?
Any help is appreciated

Thatzmister2u
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I would love to hear the answer for this. All of my contacts wound up loading as "Work"...

JSanders
05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Admiral, no, if you are on BIS. Categories will not sync over.

Thatz--Sounds like you imported/loaded your SIM card to your BB Addressbook. If so, that is the way they import, since your SIM card does not assign the phone number to a work or home or cell. Just copy or paste, or sync to Outlook and it is much easier moving the numbers around on the PC.

Thatzmister2u
05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
You are correct, it was via Sim off the old RZR. I have since updated. Getting pretty close to that 3k mark JS....what do you get for that?? :smile:

JSanders
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
You are correct, it was via Sim off the old RZR. I have since updated. Getting pretty close to that 3k mark JS....what do you get for that?? :smile:

SIM to BB Addressbook, that is the way it works. It has to put the phone# data somewhere...

I am hoping for Caramel Cake for the 3k mark, but I am not holding my breath. I might just go buy my own.

Thatzmister2u
05-09-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL Js!! Guess we see in a few posts!