PDA

View Full Version : notes.ini - desktop mgr question

yahtzee
05-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

We have a user that is testing an 8703 using lotus notes. This is the message I got from him this morning -

"The information is what comes up when we start the computer. The Desktop Manager starts and it requests information for Lotus Notes and seems to be making the assumption that the notes.ini file is on the local PC....which usually it is not. Acknowledging the not finding of the notes.ini and cancelling the setup screen for the Lotus Notes server, user id and password, get us to the application ok and it works well.

So, there is nothing wrong with the Connection, just the setup for Notes."

What should I have him check? Thanks in advance.

penguin3107
05-10-2007, 06:51 AM
"The information is what comes up when we start the computer. The Desktop Manager starts and it requests information for Lotus Notes and seems to be making the assumption that the notes.ini file is on the local PC....which usually it is not.

Definitely sounds like a funky Lotus Notes installation.
Why wouldn't your notes.ini be present on the local PC? It's a critical part of the Lotus Notes client on the machine. It contains the settings and preferences for your local install. I've personally never seen a case where the notes.ini wasn't on the local machine.
Have you installed the Lotus Notes client in a place other than the default location?

d_fisher
05-10-2007, 07:23 AM
The end user installed BDM with the Enterprise option. Are you using a BES server? Version 4.0 or higher? If your BES is 4.0 or better there is no need for BDM to be installed on the PC.

Please provide more details about how your enviroment is setup. BES, Lotus Notes, and BDM install details.