PDA

View Full Version : BB 8800 Available in Australia - Nice phone

outfocus
05-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Just picked up one today from Mobile Network in Melbourne Mobile Network - Phone Range (http://www.mobilenetwork.com.au).

Nice phone. I currently also own a Pearl and 8700g and was concerned about the keyboard, but I feel that people who have switched back to their old 8700g due to the closeness of the keys are over reacting to what they were probably dreading to begin with. I didn't have any preconceptions about the closeness of the keys and therefor am pleasantly surprised.

The keys are close, but are just as easy to type on. The difference is nothing but psychological in my own experience. Practically, in use, there is really no difference. Yes, there is a little play on the side just like the Pearl, but most importantly it feels very solid, more so than the Pearl and the key presses feel solid and firm, getting no play while typing.

Overall I am very happy. The phone will be available on the Telstra $80 business plan from Monday for $0. No GPS navigation options as yet, but a subscription service should be available soon.