PDA

View Full Version : Disable Data only for International Travel

jerryss
05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm going to Canada, and called my phone company to get the discounted Calling in Canada add-on plan.

But the Canadian Data plan add-on is still quite expensive.

How can I leave my voice phone on, but turn off the data (email, internet, etc...) on my 7100?

I want to make and receive calls, but I can wait until I get back to the US to get my emails.

thanks
Jerry

PhilMax
05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Go to messages...options...email settings. "Send Email to handheld:" Change option to no.

bjchantry
05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I want to do the same thing but under messages and options there is no choice like " Send emails to handheld"?

PhilMax
05-03-2005, 12:50 PM
On my 7100g, I go into the Messages application and click the thumbwheel. Scroll down to and highlight "Options" on the menu and click the thumbwheel again. I see four "Message Options" listed on the page that comes up. The 2nd one is "Email Settings". Highlight this and press the thumbwheel and the first option on the next page that comes up is "Send Email to handheld". Use the space key to toggle to "no", save and back out.

This isn't the same on your 7100v?

dulcamara
05-03-2005, 12:58 PM
This may be a BWD vs BES issue. On my 7100g (BWC) I see two options

General Options (no "email settings" inside)
Email Reconciliation

You can disable email forwarding by logging into your BWC account and doing it from the filters page. At the top is a link to "Default when no filters apply". It's set to "Forward messages to handheld", all you gotta do is change it.

I'm about to leave the country and will change it to "Header only", but
"Do not forward to handheld" is also an option.

PhilMax
05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
This may be a BWD vs BES issue.

I think you are right! That setting on the BB only works for my BES mail.