PDA

View Full Version : Just Switched to BB and need help with Browser!

HouBlackBerry
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Hello,

I need some guidance getting set up on the Internet Browser on my Black Berry 8700. I just switched from a Treo and can't get the browser to work. My Black Berry was used before I received it. It had belonged to a business that switched to all Treo's with Verizon.

When I went to register and get a browser Configuration service book I discovered that the phone was previously registered and could not be registered again. Any suggestions to over come this challenge?

Thanks
HouBlackBerry

JSanders
05-14-2007, 01:52 PM
You will need to do one of two things:
1--Call the company and ask them to make sure the PIN is released, and that they clear any IT/security policies on the phone.

2--Call your carrier and explain to them you bought the BlackBerry used and you need them to release the PIN so you can use it. They won't be able to clear any IT Policies on the BB.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

HouBlackBerry
05-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Thank you. I appreciate your help.
HouBlackBerry

jmellony
05-15-2007, 11:31 PM
You will need to do one of two things:
1--Call the company and ask them to make sure the PIN is released, and that they clear any IT/security policies on the phone.

2--Call your carrier and explain to them you bought the BlackBerry used and you need them to release the PIN so you can use it. They won't be able to clear any IT Policies on the BB.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

Sorry for this question, i am new and just bought BB 8700c from some one. Now question is what is this PIN.

Rem3Dy
05-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Personal identification number. Every black berry has one, and it is a unique id for you blackberry on the blackberry network. You can find your phone's pin by going to settings and then status.

greggebhardt
05-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Sorry for this question, i am new and just bought BB 8700c from some one. Now question is what is this PIN.

If you know this someone you bought it from you are lucky as they can make sure the PIN is released. If not you can not use the device. This is why I hate to buy a BB on eBay that has been registered.

jmellony
05-16-2007, 07:09 AM
If you know this someone you bought it from you are lucky as they can make sure the PIN is released. If not you can not use the device. This is why I hate to buy a BB on eBay that has been registered.

Actually i don't know any more that some one, device was locked so i unlocked it, i put my sim of TM and it works. So how this PIN can release now...? or what i have supose to do now...?

Dubdub
05-16-2007, 07:09 AM
In other words, the seller has to delete/cancel their BIS account which releases the PIN and IMEI so you can use it. Their carrier might be able to help, but the seller is the one who needs to do it.

The IMEI and PIN are the ID numbers for the phone so RIM knows where to send content.

jmellony
05-16-2007, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=Dubdub;537871]In other words, the seller has to delete/cancel their BIS account which releases the PIN and IMEI so you can use it. Their carrier might be able to help, but the seller is the one who needs to do it.

The IMEI and PIN are the ID numbers for the phone so RIM knows where to send content.[/QUOTE

PIN is not released. and i do not have any info of seller.

JSanders
05-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Then you have two options:

Call your carrier (start with TMo since you have their SIM card in) and ask them to have it released. But Cingular may have to do it since it was a Cingular BB.

Or you can buy another BB. It will not work until the PIN is released. Obviously buying used BlackBerrys is not a great idea and you are learning that the hard way. It can be frustrating.

Dubdub
05-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Most likely Cingular since it is a Cingy device.