PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

element3765
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
K, so this is my issue. I have just received a model 7290 from my one friend, his dad recieces about 100 a year from his business for free. I asked him if he saw my phone, and he was like, just dont worry about it, ill get u another. So, next time i saw him, he gave me a blackberry 7290 with only the usb cable. I got my phone activated and it works, but i dont see me browser icon? How do i connect to the internet, and how do i add things to my blackberry through my computer?!?! Im really lost here lol. Help would really be appreciated.

juwaack68
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
You need to have a data plan to use the BB for internet or email. Do you have a data plan?

penguin3107
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Did you contact AT&T to have the proper Blackberry Data Plan added to your account?
You need that in order to use the Browser, E-Mail and data features of your BlackBerry.

element3765
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
k well, i dont have any internet plan, see me, my mom, and my brother have one of those plans where you can add a line for 10 dollars and share the minutes and whatever, so i dont have all this BB data plan things. another question, the moderator who gave me a list of downloads, when you click the cingular one and it gives u a list of software to chose from, which one should i take, theres desktop downloads and theres also the section where it says to pick you product and theres the name of the phone model then TM, i already have the desktop manager software, so should i chose the one that has Blackberry Wireless handheld TM??

penguin3107
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
If you don't have a Blackberry Data Plan... then all you can do is use the Phone and send text messages.

There's really no need at all for you to update your Blackberry handheld operating system.
What is it that you are trying to accomplish?