PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Maps and GPS on Rogers

groundprox
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I have an 8800 on the Rogers network, and just wanted to know how much data is being used running the Blackberry Maps with the GPS? Unfortunately, Rogers doesn't have an unlimited data plan and I'm afraid I'm going to get a huge bill at the end of the month due to me playing with the GPS and BB Maps. Does running BB Maps use a lot of data? Is there any way of actually 'guaging' my usage per session? Any feedback would be appreciated. :smile:

vawireless
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
BB Maps uses less data than other apps, such as Google Maps. The amount of data used within BB Maps can be viewed by clicking on the BB button, then Options. Last line states Data Downloaded.

Mikepraba
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Can you clarify this more? BB button, what do you mean by that? Which button you are referring to? When I called Rogers they said you cant check the data use.

**** Sorry, I found it. However, this data usage is pertaining to GPS only. So the email and browsing are additional. By the way does this reset monthly?

vawireless
05-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yes, email and browsing are extra data and cannot be monitored. The BB maps data count does not reset monthly.