PDA

View Full Version : Reply To Address - Using BES with Multiple E-mail Adresses

David Haddad
05-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I did a search but cannot find an answer. In case it matters my carrier is Sprint and my Blackberry BES hosting provider is ASP One. I have multiple E-mail addresses that direct to different folders. I am able to synchronize the different folders with no problem. However the reply to address needs to be address the E-mail was sent to, but instead is always the ASP One address.

I did a search and found this solution but if I am correct it only applies to carrier users (BIS?) as opposed to those of us who use a hosted version of BES. http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/66800-how-multiple-email-correct-reply-address.html

Any solutions or links to other threads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

clyde_turkey
05-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Unfortunately BES is one email address to reply from. Whatever is the Primary Address set on the hosted solution (Exchange/Domino/GroupWise). Reply From capabilities are only available by having the BIS polling multiple POP/IMAP accounts as indicated by the link you included in your post.

David Haddad
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Well that sure sucks :)! Hard to believe that the most advanced mobile messaging server in the world cannot accommodate multiple E-mail addresses. Oh well :).

Thanks!

takeshi
05-17-2007, 11:08 PM
It can -- you just need to use BIS.

David Haddad
05-18-2007, 12:40 AM
But don't I then lose all the power of true reconciliation and/or have to keep my main PC constantly on with Blackberry redirector running? If there's a better solution I'll drop BES in a minute, I'm not wedded to it.