PDA

View Full Version : Put Tones and Pics on BB from PC

wishiwazsmart
05-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I have a 7100 from cingular and wanted to get some pictures and maybe some ringt tones on my BB. However, i don't have a data plan. Is there a way to do this from my computer? Thanks.

bossj52
05-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I have a 7100 from cingular and wanted to get some pictures and maybe some ringt tones on my BB. However, i don't have a data plan. Is there a way to do this from my computer? Thanks.

no..... search function on the site would have answered this quicker.

wishiwazsmart
05-03-2005, 11:31 AM
well, is there an application that i can dl and install on the bb that will do a similar thing?

NJBlackBerry
05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
You can't download anything onto the BlackBerry without a data plan. Nothing.

sinner
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
untrue, if you load eFile on your blackberry through the app loader, install the desktop version as well, then tell your blackberry to also sync third party software and on the desktop version of eFile you use the "system files" connection on the top right (as opposed to the other one... something server, i guess it does wireless transfers too, but that requires buying the program) then you can upload pictures, txt files, pdf's and powerpoint presentations on the blackberry, accessible through the eFile application. but no ringtones, sorry... i'm trying to solve this too, tmobile's $20 data plan is nuts.

HiRoll3r
05-05-2005, 08:59 PM
untrue, if you load eFile on your blackberry through the app loader, install the desktop version as well, then tell your blackberry to also sync third party software and on the desktop version of eFile you use the "system files" connection on the top right (as opposed to the other one... something server, i guess it does wireless transfers too, but that requires buying the program) then you can upload pictures, txt files, pdf's and powerpoint presentations on the blackberry, accessible through the eFile application. but no ringtones, sorry... i'm trying to solve this too, tmobile's $20 data plan is nuts.

$20 actually isn't too bad for an always on, unlimited data transfer, data plan. Without the data plan the BB is just a cell phone...