PDA

View Full Version : New to Blackberry - just got 8300

HOF
05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi All

Many apologies to those across the pond that havent managed to get their hands on this yet, but i have lusted after a BB for years and went off to the shop to get the Pearl. I came away with the Curve and absolutely adore it.

Theres an awful lot to get used to, a whole new world for me, one thing i am struggling with is lack of a manual. its difficult to keep referring to the disc all the time. Does such a thing exist?

Amazed how easy it was to set up email etc. but think it will take me a while to get used to. I loaded the software onto my Powerbook but it just wont synchronise, haven't a clue what i am doing wrong, any ideas please?

Just wanted to say hi, I am sure i will be back with lots of questions but in the meantime I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY CURVE !!!!!

Sheila - UK

jtdarden
05-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Welcome to the world of BB.

There is a BB FAQ section on this site, and I would check out some of the threads. Some of the heavy users of this forum have links in their sigs with other tips and tricks.

Good luck.

BTW: you can download the full manual from RIM's website.

When you say Powerbook, are you using a MAC? There is different software you have to use for the MAC (you can find it by searching on this site).

Cheers.

mas90guru
05-20-2007, 02:34 PM
An excellent place to research all things related to BB and the MAC would be here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-users-corner/

Have not yet seen a manual for the 8300 online.

HOF
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi
Thanks for the welcome, yes I am using a Mac, will take myself off and have a nose around for the software.
The potential of this little object is quite mindblowing, it does soooooo much dont think i will be going back to regular cell phones any time soon !!

Thanks again

Sheila

Sparkomatic
05-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the board!

On behalf of all of us who don't have a 8300 yet, we hate you. Just kidding :)

Like everyone said, just browse the board and you'll find a ton of information. For all things BlackBerry, this is the first place I come to if I have a question. Have fun with the Curve!

HOF
05-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, the curve is worth waiting for, you will love it.
Just had a look around re synchronising my mac with the 8300, depressing reading it seems like this piece of software is a bit hit and miss.

I have sooooo much to learn......

Sheila

sean76
05-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Welcome, I WANT YOUR PHONE!!! Ha Ha!

All the answers to your questions lye within this Forum (best on the web).
Anything you can't find with a search, just ask!

And again Welcome to the Forum and the world of Blackberry!

fkjr2
05-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, the curve is worth waiting for, you will love it.
Just had a look around re synchronising my mac with the 8300, depressing reading it seems like this piece of software is a bit hit and miss.

I have sooooo much to learn......

Sheila

how's the size compared to the pearl? Still somewhat pocketable?

thanks

King-B
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Not trying to pressure you....BUT I WANNA SEE SOME PICS NOW!!!!!...lol

OzzieDog
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
How does it compare to the 8700 in size? Does it have the same applications as the 8700? Security Features? Firewall? etc. How is the earpiece volume? Any pictures you can share?

brucejr
05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the Forums HOF!

Precious wants his own 8300!!!
http://a3.vox.com/6a00c22521d5a1604a00c22523c953549d-200pi