PDA

View Full Version : SMS and caller ID

horseman
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I recently starting receiving text messages on my BB7520, however, there is no caller ID along with the message.

Unless, they sign their names, I have no idea who has sent the message and there is no "reply" option.

Anybody have an idea how I might figure out who the sender is?:idea:
:idea:

JSanders
05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The SMS has to have some "from" in the header, does it not? If it does, and has a phone number, call and ask who they are.

Some text messages can be sent by a service (like a weather or sports score subscription service or such). They often have a 3-digit sender code, like "501" or similar. You would just unsubscribe from those.

If you discover the sender is another cellphone, place that number in your address book with rhe sender's name and the next message will show the name.

justanothertier2tech
05-21-2007, 10:58 PM
7520 nextel is able to send mms AND sms......

if you are using sms it will be sent via email@<hidden> format, and will have no header and footer capability, so the content (the body) must contain the info of to/from/etc......and if your sender of the message did not put that info into the body of the sms....no sender name will show at all.
---------------------------

this is only on thr sms messages......if you are truly using mms (10 digit ptn) ....please disregard this attempt at help