PDA

View Full Version : 8800 w/ Tmobile??

hbrannen
05-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I went to Tmobile store to ask about 8800. Apparently, this guy who work there told me i must open "my fav 5" plan with blackberry 8800. Is that really true?

John Clark
05-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I don't think there is a "requirement" to open a my faves plan. You just need a BB data plan along with your voice minute plan.

shfawaz
05-22-2007, 07:32 AM
That is totally false. No T-Mobile purchase REQUIRES a myFaves plan. Whoever is telling you this is misinformed. You may have to subscribe to a blackberry plan or add on, but why else would you want a blackberry?

takeshi
05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
You may have to subscribe to a blackberry plan or add on, but why else would you want a blackberry?
There are plenty of very happy BB owners (especially the Pearl, it seems) out there without BB data plans. Whether you understand why or not they have their reasons.

BryanHarig
05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
There is a significant puse within tmobile to sell a high percentage of myfavs plans. You salesperson was at best, illinformed. A worst misinforming you in order to push a myfavs plan over a traditional one.

If you want a traditional plan you can get one with the 8800. Look into the myfavs plan though, for many people it is an excellent plan.

pinhead
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
You do not need to make any changes to your current plan or buy a My Faves plan to use any phone. I have considered one of those plans, but my current one is so good that it is hard to give up and spend an extra $10-20 per month for something I might never benefit from.