PDA

View Full Version : Multiple email sources with BES

linzer
05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Noobie here just looking for confirmation that I could pull from a POP3 or IMAP source in addition to my Exchange synch via BES.

I've read Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Methods_of_Receiving_Email_on_BlackBerry) but it wasn't clear to me that I could pull AOL email and BES synch on the same device.

TIA

Linzer

John Clark
05-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes, you can do both on the same device. You can have one BES account and up to 10 BIS accounts on one device.

That being said, your corporate IT department can restrict access to BIS accounts so it also depends on what kind of IT policy has been set on your device.

nitsudima
06-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I have had a BES account for years, but I just set up my first BIS account. I now have a separate folder on my desktop for my BIS mail, but for some reason every message that's appearing in that folder is also appearing in my BES folder. Is there a way I can restrict BES and BIS messages so they only appear in their own folders? My BIS email is really getting in the way of my BES email.

Thanks for any help!

John Clark
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
That's just the way it works. The "Messages" folder isn't a "BES Folder". It's a folder for all messages. At this time you can't separate the emails from that folder.