PDA

View Full Version : Media Player and SD card

DRI
05-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Before I go and buy card ( and struggle with install), has anyone downloaded music onto card and were then able to play larger MP3s ?

bulbboy
05-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I haven't spent a lot of time figuring out the problem. But, I have been able to download photos but not music to my card. Tried using the download manager but to no avail. Maybe someone here can answer your question!

NJBlackBerry
05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I have several hundred full length songs in MP3 format on my 1GB microSD card. They work fine. Even Inna Gadda Da Vida and Freebird. I hooked the BB up to my laptop, use Mass Media mode, and move music right to the card. Piece of cake.

FastEddie
05-26-2007, 05:04 PM
I also just recently got the SD to work. Hardest part was figuring out how to insert the SD (but I guess I could be an idiot). Converted CDs into MP3s, hooked up the BB and transferred. Long songs too - Shine on You Crazy Diamon from Pink Floyd. Note in case you don't know (I didn't) - WMA files don't work.

DRI
05-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks NJ. I will still use MP3 player at gym, but could see handiness of having music on BB as well. An earlier post griped about size limits, but it appears that your BB loads and plays large files.

NJBlackBerry
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Agreed - I do the same thing. The MP3 size limit is when you don't have a microSD card - then the files are limited to 2.86mb.

gpc
05-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Not only downloading songs but also audible books onto sd card. Now only have to carry one thing whereever I go. Also suggest seidio adaptor which allows you to listen thru stereo earpieces.

DZD
05-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I also just recently got the SD to work. Hardest part was figuring out how to insert the SD (but I guess I could be an idiot). Converted CDs into MP3s, hooked up the BB and transferred. Long songs too - Shine on You Crazy Diamon from Pink Floyd. Note in case you don't know (I didn't) - WMA files don't work.

Umm - you're not an idiot - but I am - how do you install the Mini SD card. I actually removed the battery, I flipped the silver thing that holds the card in place, but I can't figure out how to get the miniSD card to fit in there. Could you provide more info?

Also, a general question, can I just copy files to the SD card using my desktop and then move the card to my BB or do I have to use the desktop manager. I've never had to install the desktop manager before.

Thanks.

OK - finally did a search and realized my problem. I got a MiniSD instead of a MicroSD. I'm going to take a nap, drink some coffee and try this again. Thanks.

lgardner
05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Which audiobook format have you been able to download?

gpc
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
only format 4 will work from what I understand. I have not tried any other.

mp332 appears after the book's title

I have listened to several and it is easier than my ipod because of bigger screen and options are easier to see and understand.

Only problem I have is that when getting an incoming call the audible does not pause like my music does and even though caller can not hear the book, I can usually not hear caller and have to ask them to hold for about ten seconds and place book on pause.

benway
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM

I don't know if thats a verizon thing but WMA files do work on my TMO 8800, I think it was part of the new handset OS.

test54
05-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Umm - you're not an idiot - but I am - how do you install the Mini SD card. I actually removed the battery, I flipped the silver thing that holds the card in place, but I can't figure out how to get the miniSD card to fit in there. Could you provide more info?

Also, a general question, can I just copy files to the SD card using my desktop and then move the card to my BB or do I have to use the desktop manager. I've never had to install the desktop manager before.

Thanks.

OK - finally did a search and realized my problem. I got a MiniSD instead of a MicroSD. I'm going to take a nap, drink some coffee and try this again. Thanks.

Think of the metal piece as a tray - you have to fold it out and slide it into the tray then fold it back down. I think that was how i did it, I have not done it in awhile.