PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Not Exiting

jamesn
05-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I recently installed the new patch for the T-Mobile 7290 and now I can't exit from the Gmail application. I've reinstalled the Gmail app but this didn't fix the problem. Previously I could exit the app and sin into an alternate Gmail account. Now I don't have that option. I still have "exit Gmail" and when this is selected the app closes down. Clicking on the Gmail app icon opens the email up for the the last account logged in.

I've done a soft/hard reset, but can't think of anything else.

Suggestions or work-arounds appreciated.

James

Walt
05-28-2007, 07:36 AM
I use Gmail also and haven't had that problem come up. You said you reinstalled Gmail. Did you uninstall it first? Did you remove the battery and then put it in making the BB hard reboot? Did you try signing onto Gmail on your computer and making sure you are signed out and then try the BB? I wish I could be more help. I'm sure someone here will have a better answer.

jamesn
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Heya. Thanks for the reply. I did delete (uninstall) the program, and the installed it again. No change in the problem.

I have done all that you mentioned and the problem continues. This has only occurred since the install of the new system software.

hockeymom.terr
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
The same was happening to me on my 7520. What I found I had to do was when I was logged into the gmail account I had to go to "settings" and uncheck the "Always keep me signed in" option. This will log you out completely when you hit exit. Hope this is useful.

jamesn
05-29-2007, 04:20 PM
That did it. It must have reset when I did the install of the software and it reinstalled from teh backup. I didn't even think of that.

Thank you!!

hockeymom.terr
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Well I'm glad that worked for you.(y)