PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I got my 8830 this morning...

Girion
05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
and the Verizon rep told me I was the first one they had sold to in store. (y)

But I gave up my beloved 7130 for it, so I could be cool and stuff. What do you corporate guys who've had it for a while suggest I do first? I'm charging it as we speak, and so far, I really like the form factor and the trackball navigation. I've got a learning curve to get back to full QWERTY from suretype (which I really liked) and since I've got 30 days for a full refund, what should I know and do first to make sure I continue to get my e-mail and crap like that.

I'm not on a BES, using only BIS...do I need to alter my config on the VZW site, or can I do it straight from the phone? The manual seems to suggest this...but I've used their website for most things.

If there's any other settings/features/stuff I need to tweak to get me fully up and running, I'd appreciate the he'p.

Thanks!

x14
05-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Easiest thing to do is use the switch device wizard to transfer data/apps from the 7130 to the 8800. To update BIS you have to do it from the VZW website. You will need to update your PIN and IMEI.

Girion
05-28-2007, 01:21 PM
where is this switch device wizard? Desktop Manager, on the phone, on the interweb?

Thanks for the tip!

Sniperet
05-28-2007, 01:24 PM
where is this switch device wizard? Desktop Manager, on the phone, on the interweb?

Thanks for the tip!

It's part of the Desktop Manager.

ffeingol
05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I ordered mine this morning (guy on the phone willing to deal more than the local store). I'm new to BB (been using a XV660 PPC) so I'm also watching all these threads on "what to do first, second etc.".

x14
05-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Make sure you are using the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software which is 4.2 SP2. You can download it here BlackBerry - BlackBerry - Sys Req V4-2 Pack 2 (http://tinyurl.com/2sv5ze)