PDA

View Full Version : Re-Director Issue

finch
05-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Maybe someone can provide assistance or a work around for the following. I use the desktop re-director at the office with our Exchange server (2003) due to the way our support desk is setup we receive all email through Exchange but send through POP3. (I know... I wish I had an aswer as well...)

There is no issue with inbound email being re-directed to my BB, if I reply I can do so but the message ends up with an (X) beside it as it can't be sent.

WNO
05-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Interesting setup. Anyway, I assume the problem is not that decryption error that can (usually) be resolved with dbclean? (Just wanting to be 100% sure!)

net.teck
05-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Does your company offer OWA outlook web access to check you email remotely? If so theres a way around your issue and disregarding the whole pop arena to recieve email.

finch
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
No its not the decryption error, I think it has to do with our outbound being sent via POP could be smtp for that matter and I think the re-director/BB are looking for the Exchange server?
Interesting setup. Anyway, I assume the problem is not that decryption error that can (usually) be resolved with dbclean? (Just wanting to be 100% sure!)

WNO
05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
That's probably the case, though I've read some anecdotal (read: questionable) stuff about people successfully using the redirector without Exchange. In any event, I can't think of a workaround other than the obvious one of replying through the BWC. Because it would be a hassle to switch between the redirector and BWC for every reply, I'm guessing you would have Exchange forward your e-mail to the blackberry.net address, which would allow your replies to be automatically sent through the BWC. And that you would bcc your sent mail to your Exchange accout and have a rule move it into the sent mail folder of your mailbox. I know you know this stuff, just keeping the thread warm until some wiz comes up with a more elegant redirector-based solution.