PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about the call log

olivers
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
On my 8800, I have noticed that the call log is pretty short and isn't shown to me in its entirety. For instance, today on May 29, the oldest entry that is shown to me in the call log is from May 14. But when I select a call from my wife from the list and select "show history" from the menu, suddenly there are calls listed from May 10. Not a big difference, but a difference nontheless. Can anybody explain this weird behaviour? I would like the call log to be lots longer than it appears to be - at least a few months.

I read somewhere that this could be related to low memory, so I already checked that out. I have about 16MB of free memory according to the Options|Status page, so I guess that shouldn't be the reason.

Thanks
Oliver

juwaack68
05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
If you're looking at the calls that are displayed in your phone application (which I believe does show 'Call Log' at the bottom of the screen when you highlight the icon) - that only shows the last 20-25 calls.

However, you can go over to your Messages application, and hold down ALT-P to filter ALL of the phone call logs (which will go back a lot farther).

JSanders
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Your call log, viewing from the phone, is 20 entries long.

If you want to view the complete call log... look at Messages, View Folders, Phone Call Logs.

olivers
05-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Amazing - how stupid is that standard call log thing? :-)

Thanks for your help, everybody!