PDA

View Full Version : Slow Blackberry

unforgetable
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Hello,

My company just switched to a different email service provider. We don't use BES, we use the Blackberry Direct Service. Ever since we switched, it takes about 5-20 minutes per email and sometimes you will receive 5-10 at once. Is there some setting we have to tell our email service provider so we get our email right away? With the old service provider, we would get it in 20seconds. Thanks in advance.

JSanders
05-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Not BlackBerry Direct Service, never heard of it, but maybe BlackBerry Internet Service? With BIS, your email server is polled about every 15 minutes, and then RIM pushes the email to your BlackBerry. That is just the way it works. Your setup on the old carrier might have been different, but you don't state what it was.

The work around is is forward all your company email to your blackberry.net address, which will make it arrive quicker, but all your replies then will be from that address and not your company domain.

biggdogg40509
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
i hate those programs that send batch emails like that. we recently started using SAP for our plant maintenance and that is how it works, by sending the emails every 5 minutes regardless of the count :(

on the other side where the email address will be different, i have a guy who works in our creative graphics dept who sends from his gmail account but when he does it says it is on his University email's behalf as below:
First Name Last Name [f.n.last@<hidden>]; on behalf of; First Name Last Name [myname4@<hidden>]

is that an option that would work for the OP?

unforgetable
05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
How do most companies do it so they get their emails instantly? Starting to really make me angry.

JSanders
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
BlackBerry Enterprise Service. No need to get mad, the setup you have is the way it is intended to work, and I have you a good option there as well.