PDA

View Full Version : RIM release confirms May 31 availabilty

dwuff
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Skimming thru recent posts I didn't see anything official posted confirming 5/31 release. If I missed something, I apologize and feel free to rip me. RIM release (Device details edited out):

link if it posts: Research In Motion (http://www.rim.net/news/press/2007/pr-30_05_2007-01.shtml)

BlackBerry Curve Moves AT&T Customers Ahead of the Curve

Smallest and Lightest Full QWERTY BlackBerry Handset Features Enhanced Multimedia Capabilities With AT&T's Industry-Leading Coverage for Wireless Data Services

Atlanta and Waterloo, ON - AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the introduction of the BlackBerry® Curve™, the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry handset. AT&T will be the first wireless carrier in North America to offer the BlackBerry Curve in wireless retail and business channels beginning tomorrow, Thursday, May 31.

Pricing and Availability

The BlackBerry Curve will be available for as low as $199.99 with a two-year contract and mail-in rebate beginning May 31 in AT&T (formerly Cingular Wireless) retail stores, online at Cell Phones and Cell Phone plans from Cingular Wireless now the new AT&T (http://www.cingular.com), through select national retailers and various AT&T business channels. Customers who want personal e-mail access and Web browsing with BlackBerry Internet Service can choose the BlackBerry Personal Unlimited plan for as low as $29.99 a month with a qualified voice contract. Unlimited corporate e-mail access via BlackBerry Enterprise Server is as low as $44.99 a month when a qualified voice plan is also chosen or when customers who travel overseas can have unlimited e-mail access internationally for as low as $64.99 a month with a qualified voice plan. Unlimited Cingular Push to Talk service is available for an additional monthly charge of $9.99 per device and $19.99 for Push to Talk Family. AT&T Push to Talk also features a pay-per-use option of $.15 a minute. TeleNav GPS Navigator monthly service is available for $5.99 for 10 trips or $9.99 for unlimited trips. As features within AT&T Music, XM Satellite Radio and MusicID require monthly subscription fees of $8.99 and $3.99, respectively.

BB4Life
05-30-2007, 01:03 PM
why couldn't this be posted in the other release thread..why must people make 50 different threads with release date speculations?

DieselRoxie
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
why couldn't this be posted in the other release thread..why must people make 50 different threads with release date speculations?

Speculation??? This is the closes to finally a creditable fact of a release / availability date.. Everything else I/you have read in these post's are personal assumptions by indivuduals and un-creditable speculations..

Great find dwuff.. Finally its here tomorrow.. Now I just have to make a decision, whether I want to wait for T-mo's Curve or just buy AT&T and have it unlocked..

Also pricing is more than reasonable.. I'm surprised.. definitely expected it to be no less than $299- $349 with 2 yr. contract.. Can't wait !!!!! I will go in to a AT&T retail store and play with one as soon as they arrive.. And see if all of the wait was worth it.. I'm sure it will.. (y) :smile:

DieselRoxie
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
So today is 5/31 and seems like people on the forum have already bought their 8300 online or in store.. Guess few stores are trickling down with delievery of 8300 curve.. Guess you were right on the money dwuff.. Again great find.. (y) :smile: