PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read application data

wlee309
05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
While synching my contacts with DTM, I receive the message:

"Unable to read application data" - my contacts are not updated/synched.

This message comes up at the end of the synching process of the address book only. I have been synching w/o issues since the 319 upgrade and now this error does not allow me to sycnh my contacts. I'm on BWC using Outlook.

Luckystrik3
05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi!
I had this error once an I got it working again by uninstalling some 3rd Party apps from the Blackberry, donīt know why!

Sighless
05-06-2005, 06:25 PM
delete the folder
c:\documents and settings\%profile%Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

%profile% is the user your logged in as

Nicolett44
05-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I just got a blackberry and I am having trouble syncing my email accounts onto my Blackberry.. Where do i begin? is there a set of instructions i can download?

NJBlackBerry
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi Nicolett44. First thing I would do is read the sticky threads and FAQs at the top of the forum. Posting a reply in an existing thread is not a great place to start.

Read the FAQs. Read up on how to use the BlackBerry Web Client. Didn't any documentation come with your new BB?

Good luck.

Nicolett44
05-06-2005, 06:38 PM
thanks.. I dont have the manual because a friend gave me the blackberry after he upgraded his..
I have been looking for the FAQs and i seem to be coming up blank. (i'm not very computer savy).. Is there a specific website i need to register my email addresses on? or does should it sync when i plug it into my computer?

tony_padil
02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
I corrected this issue by clearing the address book function (will work with tasks, calendar, etc) thorugh Backup and Restore/Advanced and retrying. This removed the corrupt databse and allowed it to synch without errors.

kinger1689
02-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks tony_padil...worked like a charm!

Garij
04-26-2006, 04:38 AM
OK - so I have searched the forum but not found an answer. Have had the same problem explained above with Address Book. I can synch everything else OK.

I get an "unable to write data" at the end of the address book synch. It originally appeared to fail before the last 22 contacts from Lotus Notes were written to the Blackberry 8700g. The same Lotus database worked fine on my previous bb 7730. I am using Ltous Notes v7 but as mentioned, that worked OK with the 7730.

I have tried every option to fix this that I can find on the forum. Have uploded latest pacthes. Have updated the hand held and desktop software - several times and versions. Have tried wiping the contacts in the bb handheld several times using both 10x incorrect password and using the backup/restore option. Have tried deleting contacts in Lotus and creating new contacts in the hand held itself but in every case, the next synch wipes any changes on bb and uploads all but the last few contacts to the bb from Notes.

I don't think this can be corrupted memory in the handheld. I can see where the contacts fail and have deleted the contact records either side of the fail point but it still occurs. I have deleted enough contacts that now a smaller set of contact records are failing to be written to the handheld but when this issue started, I had a total of 1253 contacts in Notes with only 1218 or so being successfully synch'd. Now I have 1170 contacts in Notes with only 1160 or so being syched. I also don't think this can be a volume issue or running out of memory. I have over 40Mb of free memory left on the device.

I can't help thinking this might be related to security on the handheld - something blocking the final writing of data to the device - but that's just a guess. Perhaps co-incidentally, the progress indicator on the desktop manager is ALWAYS at the last bar of the synch progress when this fails.

Any ideas anybody?