PDA

View Full Version : Ever Wondered Why Your BlackBerry Causes Speakers to Buzz???

AZA43
05-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Hello All,
My name is Al Sacco and I'm a writer with CIO.com and a faithful BlackBerry user. I recently wrote a blog post about why BlackBerrys, and other cell phones, cause nearby speakers and electronics to buzz (http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/why_your_blackberry_causes_speakers_to_buzz) when sending or receiving a communication or when checking in with a cell tower. You know that annoying buzz that eminates from your computer speakers or car stereo. I asked RIM's global intelligence director for some information and he told me why the buzz occurs, what's being done on an industry level to address the noise, even a few ways users can muffle it. Check it out. (http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/why_your_blackberry_causes_speakers_to_buzz)

Thanks. AS. :bb:

tprime
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Funny how I've noticed this buzzing sound for years but never gave any thought to it. I just dismissed it as some kind of electronic interference.

DiRN
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
GSM buzz can be annoying, but now I just think of it as part of my notification. Although I do get frustrated when it causes the volume on my iPod to jump around.

macallik
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
It is snnoying. These companies should pay a little more attention to that area to make our devices even that more enjoyable. That way when we're watching a movie at home and we get a phone call or text everyone's not looking at you because of the interference.

Maverickster
06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
It bugs me too. It always makes me feel as if the radiation eminating from my device is undoubtedly going to cause brain cancer within 2-3 weeks....no, I'm not paranoid....really....

--Mav

King-B
06-01-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL....I like the buzz sound because I know when I'm about to get a text message for phone call. When I'm in the car, and the cd player begins to buzz, I automatically know that my phone is getting ready to go off....Maybe I'm wierd 8-)

kurrupt_1
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
LOL....I like the buzz sound because I know when I'm about to get a text message for phone call. When I'm in the car, and the cd player begins to buzz, I automatically know that my phone is getting ready to go off....Maybe I'm wierd 8-)

Ditto, I tripped out my buddy when I heard the static I said oh, my phone...then it rang....he didn't know what to think.

phrider
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Old TDMA cell phones and the Blackberry 957 used to trigger false alarms on my home Kidde Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide alarm. If the Blackberry or the old cell received a message or a call when placed near the CO alarm, the alarm would register near fatal CO levels and trigger the alarm.

This took awhile to figure out....