PDA

View Full Version : 8830 and USB / Bluetooth in Vista

Sarlic
06-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm having some major issues with my 8830 in Vista.

For whatever reason, I can't use it with USB at all -- whenever I connect the USB cable, neither Desktop Manager or Blackberry Device manager detects the device.

I'm also having the same issue in the Verizon Wireless Tethering program (wish this could be done easily via Bluetooth!)

Anyone know where the drivers are that will properly install the device with Vista?

I'm paying the 15.00 monthly fee for tethering and can't use it with either bluetooth OR USB!!

Stinsonddog
06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (9900: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The latest DM sp1 and sp2 should solve this.

Sarlic
06-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I uninstalled the copy I had and download SP2 from the website, but still it won't detect the blackberry via USB.

Any ideas?

Sarlic
06-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Got it!

There was apparently a Windows Vista Optional Update you have to be on the lookout for. Downloaded it, and connecting via USB DUN now.

Now... how do I get Bluetooth DUN to work with this bad boy?

I'm new at all this, so is there any online step by step tutorial for setting this up with the 8830 in Vista?

Stinsonddog
06-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Got it!

There was apparently a Windows Vista Optional Update you have to be on the lookout for. Downloaded it, and connecting via USB DUN now.

Now... how do I get Bluetooth DUN to work with this bad boy?

I'm new at all this, so is there any online step by step tutorial for setting this up with the 8830 in Vista?

There were some stickys on BT, but now maybe they are in the FAQ. I know the biggest hangup for me was the IT policy of my firm won't allow it. So if you are not on BES, then go pair your BB with your PC and go into the DM and adjust the synch settings and give it a try.