PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8830 novell groupwise push?? HELP?

lilkobe24
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi i work for a school district and i was wondering if there was anyway i can get my email from novell groupwise pushed to my blackberry. I was browsing looking for the options at work but i couldnt locate it

dumaic
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Novell used to offer a 5 user license to BES free to GW users. I would check out their site.

penguin3107
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi i work for a school district and i was wondering if there was anyway i can get my email from novell groupwise pushed to my blackberry. I was browsing looking for the options at work but i couldnt locate it

Does your school district use BES for your Groupwise environment?
If so, I suppose you can ask to be added to their BES.

Otherwise, what other options do you have available for retrieving your Groupwise mail? Can you retrieve mail via POP or IMAP from the public Internet? If so, then you should be able to set up mail delivery to your BlackBerry via BIS.

jcrawfor
06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Yup... The previous two posters are definitely right.

If you have extra hardware and a extra Windows 2003 server license - you can use the free 5 client license that is included with GroupWise. With this option you get full over the air (OTA) wireless synch of your mailbox (and all folders inside that you decide to redirect), calendar, tasks, notes, and address book. My district uses a BES server with our GroupWise 7.0.2 HF1 system.

If you district allows the use of POP3 or IMAP4 you can use BIS to retrieve your mailbox OTA.

I believe Intellisync is still included with the Desktop Manager which would allow you to sync your mailbox, calendar, tasks, notes, and address book using a USB cable.

Finally, GroupWise WebAccess 7.x does work with the WAP Blackberry Browser using the "basic interface" setting.

I hope this helps.