PDA

View Full Version : Video problem with 8830

Grist
06-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Videos on my 8830 function correctly for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes, at which point only the audio portion continues to run. When this occurs, the video portion freezes for a while and then the screen turns black. The audio portion plays for the entirety of the show. I am using the latest versions of Verizon/Blackberry software, and have encoded the videos using Roxy media manager's option to "convert for optimal performance". These mp4 video files play without issues on my PC. Wondering if other 8830 owners have experienced this problem, and whether anyone has a suggestion for correcting this problem.

RadioDude
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Videos on my 8830 function correctly for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes, at which point only the audio portion continues to run. When this occurs, the video portion freezes for a while and then the screen turns black. The audio portion plays for the entirety of the show. I am using the latest versions of Verizon/Blackberry software, and have encoded the videos using Roxy media manager's option to "convert for optimal performance". These mp4 video files play without issues on my PC. Wondering if other 8830 owners have experienced this problem, and whether anyone has a suggestion for correcting this problem.

Did you change your backlight timeout for your home screen.

someonexh
06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Also try to make sure you don't have a ton of programs running in the background. I have experienced slowness when I had too many programs running while trying to watch a short video.

mrgm
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Also try to make sure you don't have a ton of programs running in the background. I have experienced slowness when I had too many programs running while trying to watch a short video.

How do you shut down the programs in the background? Did not know about htis:oops:

someonexh
06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
How do you shut down the programs in the background? Did not know about htis:oops:

Click your menu button when you're in the "applications" screen and select Switch Application. A lot of things stay open when you use "esc" or end. Just switch to certain programs and when inside the application hit your menu button again and select close. There are about 5 or 6 applications that are always open no matter what, but like the Browser, if you close it properly it will close the page you're looking at thus freeing up a bit of memory.

Whenever my BB starts getting a bit sluggish I will check to see what I have left open like BrickBreaker :) and other small apps.

prestonmcafee
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/66680-8800-videos-3.html#post562308

I had the same problem.

John Clark
06-08-2007, 11:13 PM
5 apps stay running all the time. BBMessenger; Home Screen; Phone; Mail; and browser. All the rest should be closed before using big apps like video or TeleNav.

dgw2
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
I am facing a video problem as well. I will click a video to view and all it does is stick on "Loading..." It previously worked, but then one day started not playing the videos that worked fine before. Any ideas?

mayr25
08-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I am having this same issue as well, and can only clear it by taking the battery out of the unit and re-setting it that way. Does anyone else have this issue or know of a better way to clear it? Thanks in advance...

bickybhogal
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Anyone have any updates regarding this problem? I am experiencing the same freezing problems. I changed the backlight to the max and also made sure that I cut down the applications playing in the background. My video freezes a few minutes into viewing and I have to turn off and on my phone.