PDA

View Full Version : extended capacity 8830 battery - seidio?

forevergreen
06-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I have 3 weeks left to make a decision on whether to keep my 8830. There's a bunch of little things i'm not crazy about, but overall I'm very happy with it. The only potential dealbreaker is battery life.

Does anyone know if an extended battery will be available in the near future?
Ever? Seidio, you out there?

Given the design and fit of the current batt cover, I'm skeptical that it's even in the works.

why1504
06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Some lithium batteries require a break in period. I suggest you run the battery hard for 3-4 charges taking the battery power down below 25%. I last charged my 8830 about 32 hours ago and still have 35% battery life left. I want to charge it now for tomorrow, but will wait until morning. Right now I have my screen backlight set to 2 minutes to further stress the battery. Good Luck.

forevergreen
06-04-2007, 02:24 AM
I've heard this and I'm hoping mine gets somewhat better. my battery is dead by 3:00 daily.

why1504
06-04-2007, 06:07 AM
One other thing, if possible turn the unit of when charging and charge it for a long time (like 8 hours). You also need to deep charge it.

Also, I have gotten a bad battery before. As a point of reference, Saturday I tethered the 8830 to my laptop using bluetooth and transfered about 30 meg of data over 8 hours with the back light on approximately 30% of the time. This took my BB from 100% down to around 15%. I then turned the unit off and charged the battery for approximatly 4 hours. This was the last time I charged the BB. This morning my battery is still @<hidden> 35% from last night. I think mine battery is broken in now.

someonexh
06-04-2007, 06:29 AM
I feel mine has gotten worse over time :/ I have only had it in the red once. Maybe I will try those suggestions and take it down very far then turn it off to charge.

seidioseidio
06-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I have 3 weeks left to make a decision on whether to keep my 8830. There's a bunch of little things i'm not crazy about, but overall I'm very happy with it. The only potential dealbreaker is battery life.

Does anyone know if an extended battery will be available in the near future?
Ever? Seidio, you out there?

Given the design and fit of the current batt cover, I'm skeptical that it's even in the works.

We are working on an extended battery for the 8830 and hope to have it available soon. We will definitely post here once it's available.

Thanks

someonexh
06-04-2007, 09:01 AM
We are working on an extended battery for the 8830 and hope to have it available soon. We will definitely post here once it's available.

Thanks

GREAT!! Any information on it? Main thing I want to know is it going to be bigger in size and need a new battery cover?

why1504
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Well my battery is broken in now. The first day I had the phone I cost a bar after about 3 hours of light usage. Today, also a day of light usage I just lost 1 bar after 16.5 hours. Light usage would be 8 alerts today, 35 email responses, about 45 emails received and 30 minutes of phone time.

forevergreen
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I guess my problem is phone time. Any estimate from Seidio?