PDA

View Full Version : Help : I need a Car Charger for 8707g

William Poh
06-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Hello ALL

I am new here. I just purchased the 8707g and while I have been a die-hard Nokia 9300i user, I am beginning to appreciate the clever features in the 8707g.

However, I m travelling to Tokyo this Fri and I can't seem to get my hands on a car charger. The shop at Changi does not carry it and the shopblackberry site says its only available on 1st July 07.

Anyone knows of an alternative brand selling car chargers in Singapore for the 8707g ?

Thanks.

William Poh
06-04-2007, 06:00 AM
I guess nobody knows...has anyone tried charging their 8707g from their laptop using the USB port (with the battery source rather than when powered from a terminal).

I am using that for charging from my desktop USB port...just wondering if its the same with a laptop (when booted up with its battery).

Galvatron
06-04-2007, 06:13 AM
it's not recomended you use car chargers bacause he curent voltagebeing generated from the battery and alternator on your car is unregulated so it would wear out your battery even faster. trucks runnig rack mounted pc's an computher equipment have voltage regulators for this very reason.

ezrunner
06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
There are car chargers out there that can regulate the power going to the BB but expect to pay the price for them a 10 dollar charger won't do it!

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2007, 07:40 AM
it's not recomended you use car chargers bacause he curent voltagebeing generated from the battery and alternator on your car is unregulated so it would wear out your battery even faster. trucks runnig rack mounted pc's an computher equipment have voltage regulators for this very reason.

ur kiding, rite? Please. Or should I say Pleaz. Totally and utterly false.

Dubdub
06-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I had an 8700c and now have the 8800. Have never had a problem using the car charger. Also use the USB connected to the laptop and the desktop charger if I need to.

rock
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Well I have an 8700c and I tried buying a cheap car charger($4) but it didn't work. I suspect it just wasn't capable of supplying the minimum 500ma that the 8700c needs. Now looking for a better made car charger but few list their output current capabilities. Anyone got a favorite?