PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see Personal Folder on device

wilsojer
06-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Can someone help ?? I have a Blackberry with my work and have come across a problem that none of my support team can fix.

I have set up the Desktop Manager to reconcile with my Personal Folder (pst), but cannot see this folder on my device when I try and file a message. I used to be able to choose 'File' and then select the subfolder within my pst (all on the device). This would then cause that message to be filed in the relevant folder in my Outlook pst. However, now I cannot see the Personal Folder.

I have an 8700 with version 4.2.1.8 or Desktop Manager and v4.1.0.351 of the device software.

Can anyone help - it's driving me nuts !

wilsojer
06-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Sorry for the shameless *bump* but I am really hoping that someone may have come across this problem before and can offer some suggestions. My support team here at work are stumped !

Thanks in advance.

OrganicBerry
06-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Are you trying to do this while connected to your PC or wirelessly?

The way it was explained to me, is that wirelessly you can't do it. Outlook Exchange does not manage or store personal folders.

takeshi
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
BES cannot file or reconcile with PST's. The BES has no access to a PST -- only your desktop install of Outlook does. This also means that mail that you move into a PST in Outlook will remain on your BB and not reconcile properly because as far as BES is concerned it just "disappeared". It's the same sort of thing that happens when you empty your Deleted Items in Outlook before BES can reconcile. The permanently deleted email will be orphaned on your BB.