PDA

View Full Version : Java Errors On BlackBerry 8700

Leecher92
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I have a BlackBerry 8700c. Lately I have been playing with java a bit. I found a batch file that converts Midlets into COD files, and then uploads them to Blackberry. One application in particular is giving me a bit of trouble. I ran the batch file. The program loaded to my blackberry. But when i click on the application it says "Verification code error 2214 at offset 047d COD file version 76" does this mean that the file is corrupt. or That black berry does not accept version 76 cod files. If you know anything post back please... Untill then I will make shure the program is not corrupt by taking another software and seeing if it works when i load it...

pronerd
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I ran the batch file. The program loaded to my blackberry. But when i click on the application it says "Verification code error 2214 at offset 047d COD file version 76" does this mean that the file is corrupt. or That black berry does not accept version 76 cod files.

Normally I would assume that 047 would be a HEX value, but since it says 047d I am guessing it is decicmal which makes it a forward slash (/). So basicly it is saying this 074d value is somewhere it should not be.

By chance where any of the files that where included in this COD file opened in Notepad, or some other Windows text editor? If so that may be the problem. I will spare you the hard core details, but basically Microsoft uses different values for binary and control characters than.... well everyone else on the planet. So using a windows text editor can some of the values in the file, even though the file looks completely the same.

If this is the case the best bet would be to go back to a version of all the file(s) that is completely unmodified, and run your batch file on them.

Is there any chance you could post this .bat file?