PDA

View Full Version : Email filters on TMO

proussak
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
My TMO email filters seem to have stopped working. For the last year, since I got the 8700, I've had filters set on the TMO website so that emails to my POP3 email account from specified senders are forwarded to the handheld and everything else (junk etc.) is not. Since last Friday, however, all emails are being forwarded, regardless of the filters.

When I called TMO, and spoke to a supervisor because the first person I reached didn't even understand the question, I was told that what I described as having been in place for a year was "impossible", that TMO filters only allowed me to specify which emails would NOT be sent to the handheld - this despite clear options in the sites for the filters that allow the option to be set either way. And the filters on TMO for my wife's email are still fine, with only specified emails being sent to the handheld.

Am I going nuts? Or did I just take a trip down the rabbit hole into Wonderland? I've tried resetting options for the filters and then going back to the way I want them, but no help. Should I just set the email account up again on the TMO site and reinstall the filters? Thanks.

JGBerry
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
hey there. yea i don't know what customer service is talking about. you can set up any filter to either forward or not forward by the criteria that you create. if i were you, i would erase the emails accounts and add them back on. i've only had tmobile for 4 days now, but i'm a heavy email user and i have run into a few problems which i fixed simply by erasing and re-adding the email accounts back on. i tried tweaking settings but sometimes it just doesn't go through properly. i'd start off with a clean slate. it might be helpful to write down which filters you have for which account, just to make it less confusing when you go to re-add each account.

hope this helps!

-Josh

My TMO email filters seem to have stopped working. For the last year, since I got the 8700, I've had filters set on the TMO website so that emails to my POP3 email account from specified senders are forwarded to the handheld and everything else (junk etc.) is not. Since last Friday, however, all emails are being forwarded, regardless of the filters.

When I called TMO, and spoke to a supervisor because the first person I reached didn't even understand the question, I was told that what I described as having been in place for a year was "impossible", that TMO filters only allowed me to specify which emails would NOT be sent to the handheld - this despite clear options in the sites for the filters that allow the option to be set either way. And the filters on TMO for my wife's email are still fine, with only specified emails being sent to the handheld.

Am I going nuts? Or did I just take a trip down the rabbit hole into Wonderland? I've tried resetting options for the filters and then going back to the way I want them, but no help. Should I just set the email account up again on the TMO site and reinstall the filters? Thanks.

proussak
06-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I've already done it and it's working fine again. TMO online customer service acknowledged that the supervisor was completely wrong and said they'll try to "re-educate" him. But no explanation as to what went wrong to begin with.

misthos
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I went through this a while back and after going up a level or two with T-Mobile customer support, the only thing we could find was to erase all of the filters and re-enter them. T-Mobile could not give an exact reason on why/how this happened except to say "sometimes it happens". The filters have all continued to work since then. I now keep a text file with the filters so that I can cut and paste them if I ever need to start over again (it takes some time so I hope not to have to go through it again for a while).

naviwilliams
06-15-2007, 06:55 AM
To be honest, am sure it's to do with the BIS 2.3 upgrade from Sunday, two weeks ago. I had to remove and readd my account(s) & filters to get everything working like it should...

JGBerry
06-15-2007, 07:02 AM
To be honest, am sure it's to do with the BIS 2.3 upgrade from Sunday, two weeks ago. I had to remove and readd my account(s) & filters to get everything working like it should...

T-Mobile should have done some testing before the BIS upgrade, because they have had numerous problems in my area. I think I have had to erase and re-add my email accounts 4 times in the past 2 weeks, along with refreshing the filters. Everything seems to be stable now, except I am battling T-Mobile for this particular issue, which you might find interesting if you have a 8700g with T-Mobile.

Check it out:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/81190-blackberry-8700g-t-mobile-network-quirk.html

proussak
06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
It took me less time to reinstall the email account and filters than I spent arguing with the moron supervisor. Wish they could just learn to admit system problems.