PDA

View Full Version : Broken Mic?

bradmills
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Okay so this is my first bb and i bought a refurb 8700c off cingular's website last week. it came in today, and i was super excited until i called my girlfriend and realized she can't hear me. so it brings me to a question, are you supposed to be able to talk without a headset? I used the one it came with and she can hear me, but when I took it out to see if i had fixed it, it went back to the, "Are you there, hello, hello..." you get the picture. It is completely frustrating and before i get on the phone with customer support I just wanted to be sure it was supposed to work. If it is, is there a setting i need to change before it will, or did i just get a broken refurb. Thanks again.

crazydude
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Okay so this is my first bb and i bought a refurb 8700c off cingular's website last week. it came in today, and i was super excited until i called my girlfriend and realized she can't hear me. so it brings me to a question, are you supposed to be able to talk without a headset? I used the one it came with and she can hear me, but when I took it out to see if i had fixed it, it went back to the, "Are you there, hello, hello..." you get the picture. It is completely frustrating and before i get on the phone with customer support I just wanted to be sure it was supposed to work. If it is, is there a setting i need to change before it will, or did i just get a broken refurb. Thanks again.

you can talk straight from the phone or via headset or bluetooth. just make sure the mute button on top of the phone is not clicked. if not may be send it back for replacement

bradmills
06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
yea the mute button isn't on. i'm just gonna send it back.