PDA

View Full Version : Saving a ready reference file to the 8800

mediaman
06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I have a smalll XLS spreadheet that I frequently use. For now, I just sent it to myself as an attachement to an email. On the 8800 I can then open the attachment.

But I dont want to have to search for the email all the time.

AS well, this XLS file will be sent to a few hundred 8800 users in my company, so I want to give out easy instructions on where they can store and retreive the file.

Is there a way I can just save the file somewhere? I thought at first I would use Media and set up an icon there for easy reference, but I cant seem to be able to do that ( I can create a subfolder using Explore but its not easy to find it without a top menu icon )

Any suggestions?

(As an aside, this file is really slick- it's a listing of 2000 locations. one column for the name, one column for a populated http link to maps.blackberry.com. So users just scroll down the alphaetic spreadsheet to find the location thet want, and double (or triple) click the next column to view the map using Blackberry maps).

Thanks

MM

jtdarden
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Sounds like a cool tool.

I would just click the scroll wheel and choose 'save'. This will place the file in the saved messages folder. To view, choose 'view saved messages' from the messages drop down screen.

In pre-4.x handheld software, you could use 'v' as a keyboard shortcut to access the saved folder, but that went away with 4.x.

Hope this helps.

jtdarden
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Sorry, duplicate post.

danbra
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi Mediaman,
Such functions are available in Dynoplex software. eCell+Attachment editing+Online file storage will allow to retrive spreadsheets attachments, save them as files, view and edit, send as attachments. MasterDoc will do these opeartions as well except for editing files. Here is the link: eOffice™:word processor,Excel spreadsheet editor-for RIM,Blackberry®, DynoPlex Inc. (http://dynoplex.com/blackberry/software/eoffice.html) On downloads page trial versions are available. You may also drop me an email to den@<hidden> I will be glad to answer your questions