PDA

View Full Version : yahoo mail sync question bis 2.3

bob_az
06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
i have been thinking about switching to yahoo mail since it syncs with BIS 2.3 both ways. question though - do you have to use the 'reconcile now' feature on the BB (i have an 8703e) to get it to sync? if you don't use that feature what is the time delay it takes to sync both ways?

thanks!

sherifnix
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
It seems with 2.3 Gmail does the same as well. This makes me very happy!

sele
06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
you do not have to use the reconcile function for them to sync on yahoo. It normally takes a couple of minutes for the changes to appear on yahoo but the changes on the blackberry appear almost instantly. Mail arrives instantly now on yahoo as well. I have forwarded my gmail account to my yahoo account and am accessing only the yahoo account on my blackberry since it seems to sync better.

akg
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
The only problem with Yahoo is that it puts advertisements on emails unless you pay for the premium version of Yahoo. I've found the beta interface to be really sluggish and overall I like Gmail better but I haven't been able to get Gmail to sync anything and my Yahoo is still only 1-way. Gmail does not put advertisements on your messages though.