PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of unread mail icon

yahtzee
09-29-2004, 11:22 AM
I have no unread mail but have the envelope in the top left corner of the screen...Also, i did ALT-I and it brought back all messages that I had filed along with the messages that i hadnt filed....How do i get rid of the icon and how do i get my filed messages to not appear...? Thx,

Mark Rejhon
09-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Do you have any unread emails in your Deleted folder?

Also, try this: Hit the U key to go to the next Unread message, that does it for me, when I lose track of my unread messages deep in the Message List.

yahtzee
09-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Do you have any unread emails in your Deleted folder?

Also, try this: Hit the U key to go to the next Unread message, that does it for me, when I lose track of my unread messages deep in the Message List.

no unread messages in normal list or deleted items....my inbox is huge now as it is showing ALL filed and unfiled messages....ugh

emale
09-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Scroll to the very top of the message list. Click on the date. Select Mark prior read.

If that doesnt do it check saved messages.

If you still cant get rid of it you could try hard reset.

Or backing up the messages database then clearing it off the handheld (check after clearing the messages database on the handheld if it is still showing one unread.) and then restoring the messages database.

If the icon comes back after restoring the database and you still cant find the mesage, it could be one of the emails is corrupt.

If all else fails you can run it through application loader and reinstall/update the O/S

Oh almost forgot, to get rid of the filed messages from the inbox, open Messages icon, click track wheel select options, set Hide Filed Messages to YES.

psb962
10-16-2004, 10:30 PM
This piece of info from the message above needs to be added to the sticky on Tips and Tricks:

"to get rid of the filed messages from the inbox, open Messages icon, click track wheel select options, set Hide Filed Messages to YES."

What a difference it makes!

WorldIRC
10-16-2004, 10:52 PM
can't you just hit MARK ALL READ or something?

queue_bit
10-18-2004, 07:14 AM
This can also happen if unread messages are saved...

in my org. people tend to save the top-10 and top-20 lists Rogers pushes out on new activations without first marking them read.

forrestc
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Check here for a suggestion on how to fix this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11975