PDA

View Full Version : Call log and SMS messages gone

DonNguyen
06-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I looked at my phone this morning and noticed that all my sms messages were gone and my call log was empty...rather odd since last time i remember looking at it, everything was there.

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover both my SMS messages and call log?

JSanders
06-05-2007, 04:13 PM
You can't recover them, they are gone gone. But you can work to insure that it does not happen again...
Why is my 8100 Pearl losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Why_is_my_8100_Pearl_losing_its_call_logs_or_message_logs%3F)
(this link says Pearl, but it applys to your situation).

DonNguyen
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
all that is already done...

i pretty much clear my cache and history daily as well....

any idea why this kinda stuff happened?

JSanders
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Well I could point you to the RIM knowledge base article that says the very same thing. It's a known issue, at least with the 8100 and I have seen it on here a few times with the 88xx. Pull your battery weekly to reboot, and you should be ok.

DonNguyen
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
thanks a bunch...

dbdynsty25
06-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Well I could point you to the RIM knowledge base article that says the very same thing. It's a known issue, at least with the 8100 and I have seen it on here a few times with the 88xx. Pull your battery weekly to reboot, and you should be ok.

Now if only I could get the damn battery cover off...lol.

trams
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think you don't have to pull the battery...

Alt + Caps Key (2 to the right of the spacebar) + Del

That will do a soft reset. Same as pulling the battery from what I know. Be sure you use the caps key on the right of the spacebar. If you use the one on the left it wont work. - - This works on my 8830, tried it today.

P.S.
This same thing happened to me today. my text messages disappeared and new ones wouldn't show up. I did a soft reset and it was all good.

DonNguyen
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
maybe it was a verizon thing...odd