PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise and POP Email

katsmeow
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I just got a new 8830 from verizon. I immediately went in and created the account at Verizon to get my pop email from my personal email account. Worked fine. Got mail regularly, no problems.

They I gave the phone to my system administrator at work so I could get work email through the Enterprise Server. He set it up, works fine.

But....I no longer get the pop mail and it says that the account is suspended. When I tried to log in at Verizon, it says that my account was suspended by my system administrator. I asked him. He says he didn't but he doesn't know if you can get both Enterprise Server mail and pop mail on the same device.

So....can you?

If you can, any ideas why mine quit working and how to solve it?

option94
06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Call Verizon and have them un-suspend it. Then resend your service books. I have both, but I did enterprise activation first, and the gmail. No problems.

katsmeow
06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks....ummm....what are service books?

takeshi
06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
But....I no longer get the pop mail and it says that the account is suspended. When I tried to log in at Verizon, it says that my account was suspended by my system administrator. I asked him. He says he didn't but he doesn't know if you can get both Enterprise Server mail and pop mail on the same device.

You can definitely have both BES and BIS on a BB. However, the BES admin can put an IT policy in place to prohibit the use of BIS. The order in which you set them up does not matter.