PDA

View Full Version : bb phone email address and carrier name change...

JL44516
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
hello everyone ive searched and found nothing on here, so hopfully some of you guys can help...

my email address on my blackberry is XXXXXXX@<hidden>mycingular.blackberry.net, my question is since its no longer cingular will it change to at&t automatically or do i have to create a new one? better yet will it ever drop the cingular name in my email adress? thanks in advance...

MooseBerry
06-06-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm curious about this myself. I hate the "mycingular" part of the address, it's too long. I've been hoping they would just make it xxx@<hidden>. Anybody hear anything about this?

Dawg
06-06-2007, 05:31 AM
they may give you an option sprint did with my old nextel account

takeshi
06-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I haven't seen anything yet. There's no telling until they get around to it. Given that they opted for *.mycingular.blackberry.net I'm not expecting that they'll have the wherewithall to select *.att.blackberry.net.

We'll probably end up with *.attyourworlddelivered.blackberry.net or something along those lines... ;)

Dubdub
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
IMHO, you really don't need to use that address in the first place, unless of course, you want tons more SPAM in your in box.

MooseBerry
06-08-2007, 03:17 AM
IMHO, you really don't need to use that address in the first place, unless of course, you want tons more SPAM in your in box.

I subscribe to two breaking news paging services. Rather then carrying around pagers, I have the pages emailed to my BB on my .blackberry.net address. It's very handy and it's always been instant delivery. So, the address does come in handy.

MooseBerry
06-08-2007, 03:18 AM
I haven't seen anything yet. There's no telling until they get around to it. Given that they opted for *.mycingular.blackberry.net I'm not expecting that they'll have the wherewithall to select *.att.blackberry.net.

We'll probably end up with *.attyourworlddelivered.blackberry.net or something along those lines... ;)

Lol, you're absolutely right :razz:

stefandrew
08-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone know anything new on this? I really don't want to keep the @<hidden> addy anymore, would really love it if they would let us change.

takeshi
08-21-2007, 09:00 AM
You can always try deleting your blackberry.net email and creating a new one. Last I checked, the new ones were still mycingular.blackberry.net.

If it really bothers you then why not call at&t's BB support and ask them directly until they get this done? You're not actually giving out this address are you? You really should use it only for forwarding mail since there is no spam filtering on these email addresses.

avanden
08-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Either that or ".attwereallywantyoutobuyaniphoneinstead.blackberry.net". ;-)