PDA

View Full Version : Can't get e-mail

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
All of a sudden my e-mail is not going to my Blackberry 8800. I have done a hard reset - what am I missing?
Thank you.

someonexh
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
All of a sudden my e-mail is not going to my Blackberry 8800. I have done a hard reset - what am I missing?
Thank you.

Probably going to need to give us a bit more information.

TonyEye
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
+1 on that... is the antenna on? Are you not in a service area? Are you on BES or BIS?

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm new to my phone. But I've had it about 4 weeks or so. I set up my e-mail and got it just fine for these four weeks. Then all of a sudden last night I stopped getting them. So I searched the website and could only come up with the hard reset but that didn't work.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I am in a service area. I don't know what BES or BIS stands for. Sorry...I'm sure your hate newbies but I appreciate your help.

someonexh
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I am in a service area. I don't know what BES or BIS stands for. Sorry...I'm sure your hate newbies but I appreciate your help.

No problem, you're most likely on a BIS. How long has the email been out?.. do you have a gmail account that I can chat with you on or i can call you?

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
chayes@<hidden> is my e-mail address. Thank you.

someonexh
06-06-2007, 08:53 AM
chayes@<hidden> is my e-mail address. Thank you.

I think need another means to communicate, as your email is not working. Once in a while my phone will stop getting emails for a bit and if I make a call or reboot (battery) it will then start to get them instantly.

How long have you not been getting your email?

JSanders
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Lucy, look at Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table. Click to REGISTER NOW. Pull your battery and reboot again. See if your mail works.

If not...

Go to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Do you see your email address listed in there? If not, go to your BIS website and resend your service books.
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F)
Give it few minutes and see if your mail starts. You might need a reboot again for the Service Books to show.

Good luck.

NCBuckeye
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
You can go to the blackberry at&t website and sign in, the n send service books. I had problems a few days ago with emails.

someonexh
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Lucy, look at Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table. Click to REGISTER NOW. Pull your battery and reboot again. See if your mail works.

If not...

Go to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Do you see your email address listed in there? If not, go to your BIS website and resend your service books.
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F)
Give it few minutes and see if your mail starts. You might need a reboot again for the Service Books to show.

Good luck.

Very well written. :)

Any word Lucy?

Dawg
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
seems with BIS upgrade a few folks have been having same issue resending service books usually takes care of it. I had the same issue the day they rolled out 2.3 and resnt books and email satrted pouring in.

JSanders
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Very well written. :)

Any word Lucy?

L-u-u-u-c-c-c-y-y-y, w-h-h-h-e-e-e-r-r-r-e a-r-r-r-r-re y-o-o-u-u-u?

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you so much y'all.

I'm having trouble with my password. I swear I'm not this dumb! (with most things!)

Thank you so MUCH!!

I'll let you know if that doesn't work. I did everything except resending the books. I have a lot to learn!

someonexh
06-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank you so much y'all.

I'm having trouble with my password. I swear I'm not this dumb! (with most things!)

Thank you so MUCH!!

I'll let you know if that doesn't work. I did everything except resending the books. I have a lot to learn!

heh :) Ok. Let us know.

JSanders
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Thank you so much y'all.

Thank you so MUCH!!

Lucy, y'all are welcome, too.

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Lucy, y'all are welcome, too.

Yup...I'm from Georgia! LOL Still waiting on my e-mail to come through. I sent it about 20 minutes ago and got a "congratulations" e-mail on my phone. No email yet... gotta go to a meeting...thanks again and I'll let y'all know if it resolves!

Dawg
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Yup...I'm from Georgia! LOL Still waiting on my e-mail to come through. I sent it about 20 minutes ago and got a "congratulations" e-mail on my phone. No email yet... gotta go to a meeting...thanks again and I'll let y'all know if it resolves!

Oh boy a home girl. What part of Georgia Lucy? I am in North Metro Atlanta.

JSanders
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Yep, anyone who knows the PROPER spelling is "y'all" NOT "ya'll" is ok in my book.

someonexh
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Yep, anyone who knows the PROPER spelling is "y'all" NOT "ya'll" is ok in my book.

I have always typed ya'll... but you're correct.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
y'all /yɔl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yawl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
–pronoun: you-all.

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Still no Email! I will call again in a minute. I must get some work done today.

I am forever correcting folks on the correct spelling of y'all.

I actually live in Bogart Ga (the small town right before Athens) So I am forced to be a Bulldog fan.

Born and raised in the big town of Tucker Ga.

Dawg
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM

I actually live in Bogart Ga (the small town right before Athens) So I am forced to be a Bulldog fan.

I know where Bogart is I go through there when I am headed to the games. And atleast you are a Dawgs fan (not quite sure in the being forced deal though)

My mail has been slow today for some reason and my device keeps locking up and wont go into the message folders not sure whats going on

LucyBell
06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
UGH!! I kept asking my IT guy if the problem wasn't due to the server reboot last evening (had to get a new tape drive) and he kept saying "no". So I said, "remember when I first got this thing you had to open the POP server?" He said,"no, not if you are the only one having problems" I said, "I don't use Active Sync like the others" He said, "Oh my God..I think you are right" Sure enough he walked me through checking it and it was not started!

So, after ALL this - it is finally solved. I didn't get a darn thing done today at work! But I did find this site and look forward to learning a lot of new stuff.

Thanks again y'all!

PS - I went to Ga State for Undergrad and Mercer for Grad so I have no loyalty to either Ga Tech or UGA. But I do pull for the DAWGS since I live so close to the school...GO DAWGS!!!

greggebhardt
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM

I used to work in Chamblee, that is before it became Chambodia.

Lived in Stone Mountain. Good luck and let us know how you are making out!

I spent six years in University of Georgia, loved Athens! GO DAWGS, for sure!

Dawg
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
I used to work in Chamblee, that is before it became Chambodia.

Lived in Stone Mountain. Good luck and let us know how you are making out!

I spent six years in University of Georgia, loved Athens! GO DAWGS, for sure!

Oh man now you live down there with all that orange every where.