PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! BT Worked Fine, Now Crap.

Jeff NYC
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
My 8830 paired and worked flawlessly with my Infiniti M35x. Car would pick up the phone in seconds, I set phone to always accept connection and signal strength would show up on nav screen and I was in business. Worked like that and perfect from Day One.

Now, phone isn't connecting automatically. When I tell car to connect, it finds phone and the message on the 8830 says Succesful Connection to My Car and then less than a minute later, Connection Terminated.

I deleted both the paired phone in the car and the paired device in the phone. Re-paired both without issue, but they won't stay connected and I get the same Connection Terminated message.

I reboot the phone and do it all over again... same problem. So now the phone won't / can't maintain the connection and the BT is useless in the car.

I have not installed anything new since this happened yesterday and don't know what else to do. ANY IDEAS or SUGGESTIONS??? :cry:

This is totally weird and I can't figure it out. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks... JB

someonexh
06-06-2007, 10:04 AM
My 8830 paired and worked flawlessly with my Infiniti M35x. Car would pick up the phone in seconds, I set phone to always accept connection and signal strength would show up on nav screen and I was in business. Worked like that and perfect from Day One.

Now, phone isn't connecting automatically. When I tell car to connect, it finds phone and the message on the 8830 says Succesful Connection to My Car and then less than a minute later, Connection Terminated.

I deleted both the paired phone in the car and the paired device in the phone. Re-paired both without issue, but they won't stay connected and I get the same Connection Terminated message.

I reboot the phone and do it all over again... same problem. So now the phone won't / can't maintain the connection and the BT is useless in the car.

I have not installed anything new since this happened yesterday and don't know what else to do. ANY IDEAS or SUGGESTIONS??? :cry:

This is totally weird and I can't figure it out. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks... JB

Did you try resending the service books? Also, when you rebooted did you do a full one with battery pull out? Try that, mine is working great on my Acura TL.

Jeff NYC
06-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks someonexh. I did NOT try the battery reboot, but just did and will go out at lunch and see if all is fixed. I ended up with a weird error message on Pocket Day this morning and their support guy recommended a battery pull as well. I also ended up resending the service books and voila, now my calendar database shows up. I will try to sync tonight with a brand new Outlook profile and see if all is well in calendar sync land. I have one of the 8830's that would not perform a calendar sync. Thanks again...

Dawg
06-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Thanks... JB

I had this same issue yesterday with my 7130e and my BT headset. It would connect then unconnect then connect again it did this like 6 times and I did a hard reset and hasnt done it since. Hope it helps

someonexh
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks someonexh. I did NOT try the battery reboot, but just did and will go out at lunch and see if all is fixed. I ended up with a weird error message on Pocket Day this morning and their support guy recommended a battery pull as well. I also ended up resending the service books and voila, now my calendar database shows up. I will try to sync tonight with a brand new Outlook profile and see if all is well in calendar sync land. I have one of the 8830's that would not perform a calendar sync. Thanks again...

Anytime, I had a problem the first day I set up my phone with my car, it worked great when I set it up. When I went back into my car a bit later it wasnt auto connecting. Not sure what I did back then but it worked from then on :)

jjtl05
06-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Just got the 8830, but having problems connecting to my '05 TL. Has anyone had success with this, and if so, how did the pairing process work? Mine seems to connect from the phone side, but the TL seems to hang after I give it a name. Thanks for the help!