PDA

View Full Version : Email messages - 'background image' is red diagonal stripes!

flynch
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi All,

This is very weird.

After installing Google Maps on my 8800 all email messages have suddenly appeared with a background of thick red diagonal lines. It makes the screens unreadable.

I've tried all the obvious stuff such as rebooting/uninstalling Google Service Books/ restoring an old backup etc.....but the image is still there.

It is very weird!

Any ideas.

PS it connects to a BES.

Thanks In Advance
Fergus

juwaack68
06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I think that's something to do with a Screen/Keyboard setting....if I remember from my 2 weeks using an 8800.

snowskier79
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Go to options, Security Options, General Settings. Your BES has probably pushed down a setting for your background color on your enterprise messages. Take a look there and let us know.

flynch
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
..had a look under the Security options and there it was "Enterprise Messages" set to 'red'.

Changed it to 'none' and all now back to normal and email messages are actually readable.

It really is/was an extraordinary effect - like a striped red and white candy bar - that makes messages unreadable.

So thanks and I'm off to see the Operations Guys back at base to find out why on earth they made that particular config change to the BES!

Many Thanks
Fergus