PDA

View Full Version : Email Delay?

iksrfo
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Alltel 8703e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Please help, I have a 8703e on Alltel with BIS service and for the past two weeks I have been experiencing some significant delays in reciving my email. I have wiped my handheld twice, resent service books, registerd the device, deleted old emails and still there is a delay of anywhere between 5-20 minutes. I have my work email fowarded to my blackberry email address. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

JSanders
06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have it fowarded via BIS to your @<hidden> address, it should be almost instant delivery.

You could go to your BIS account, delete the forward and readd it.
Or delete the service book for your blackberry.net address and then go to your BIS site and resend service books.
Likewise, reboot your 8703 by pulling the battery and replacing.

Those might help, worth trying.

Perfect Storm
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.7196/1684; en; U; ssr))

I doubt it's actually the BIS service experiencing the delay, since all of north america is on the same servers it should affect everyone.

My guess would be something with the forwarding to the BIS account. I've had delays when there has been a slow down over my ISP's network. My server was forwarding fine, but when it hit their network it was being delayed.

The other culprit could be alltel's network, so I'd see what other BB users on their network are experiencing.

JSanders
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I've read on here about a Verizon delay lately...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/79962-slow-email-delivery-vzw-bb8830.html

just fyi.

iksrfo
06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the speedy response guys.

JSanders, I'm dont know how to delete the foward from my BIS. I have my work email fowarded to my BB so I think I would have to get an IT guy at work to delete then add the foward on that end (However I could totally be wrong please correct me if I am).

I did delete the my BB BIS address and then added it back.

Another strange thing is that when I do recieve emails it a whole bunch at once, and out of the whole bunch half of them are dated and timed as being sent after I reieved them. For example I will recieve an at 3:48 and in the email it will say it was sent at 3:50. weird.

Dubdub
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I wonder if you really aren't forwarding but have the account set up in BIS. The normal delay is about 15 minutes so that makes some sense. Also, having several email messages show up at once also makes sense. And the less than 15 delay could be the repoll delay. After RIM polls and sends your email, it will poll again and if something is there, it will send that along and repoll. The cycle from what I have heard is about every 2 minutes until it finds nothing. Then it will wait for 15 minutes before the process begins again.

iksrfo
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Dubdub, I am 100% certain that it is being fowarded to my blackberry. the only account that is setup through BIS as you described is my Gmail account.

I just noticed that I get my Gmail messages right away but not XXXXXXX@<hidden> messages.

***just checked and my Gmail is delayed ***

This is a real drag as I get a lot of email for work that is time sensitive.

I read some where that some North American carriers were upgrading BIS from 2.x to 2.3. I know it's a long shot and maybe I should even suggest it as a possiblity, just frustrated.

North American BIS customers get upgraded - Engadget Mobile (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/06/04/north-american-bis-customers-get-upgraded/)

plchan
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Actually, I noticed one of my yahoo email was delayed in 3 hrs. the email was received in Yahoo account at 11pm, and I did not get the email in my BB until 2am in the morning.